Hunting in Australia

Australia is destination #1 for me. Always wanted to go ever since I was a kid. Problem is, it's on the opposite side of the earth and when I go, I need at least a month or two to look around. So many places there I want to go, the east coast, the reef, cape york, red center, WA, KIMBERLY. Basically all of it, less time in the baron wast lands though. Don't have much desire to hunt deer or roo's there, only feral animals. I wish the gov't would pay for my trip to come out and spend a year in the bush whacking pigs, rabbits, cats, goats, foxes, cane toads, ect.... Really I've always wanted to go because I am a reptile guy, love aussie reptiles and the terrain there.

JPHuntingAUS

Lil-Rokslider
Paid to knock ferals? Most places in most states won't even let us shoot them for free! There's a place about an hour and a half away with a serious feral pig problem but you'd lose your license and guns if you got caught hunting them there.

That's what I figured. From the little I know about australian gov't, seems they have no clue about wildlife management. Everything is on lockdown.. goal should be to eliminate as many non-native species as possible.

jwb300

WKR
Australia is destination #1 for me. Always wanted to go ever since I was a kid. Problem is, it's on the opposite side of the earth and when I go, I need at least a month or two to look around. So many places there I want to go, the east coast, the reef, cape york, red center, WA, KIMBERLY. Basically all of it, less time in the baron wast lands though. Don't have much desire to hunt deer or roo's there, only feral animals. I wish the gov't would pay for my trip to come out and spend a year in the bush whacking pigs, rabbits, cats, goats, foxes, cane toads, ect.... Really I've always wanted to go because I am a reptile guy, love aussie reptiles and the terrain there.

Yeah good luck with getting that paid trip haha :)

There are plenty of hunting outfits that you can go with and whack a load of pigs and goats etc. Also the Deer are all introduced - no native species of deer in Aus.

It may seem like a long trip but really it is just one to two days travelling. I am going to BC for a 10 day hunt in a few weeks. For me it 2 days either side for flying, travelling to destination and getting jet lag sorted. Not a big deal really.

If you want to see a few hunt reports from Aus check out this link. Some of the blokes up north are taking 20+ pigs a week consistently.

http://www.australianhunting.net/index.php?board=9.0

Cheers,
James

JPHuntingAUS

Lil-Rokslider
[QUO TE=eLightfoot;237170]That's what I figured. From the little I know about australian gov't, seems they have no clue about wildlife management. Everything is on lockdown.. goal should be to eliminate as many non-native species as possible.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't support knocking all exotic animals we'd have nothing left to hunt! Victoria is the easiest place to hunt publicans in aus and can be done but mostly just the eastern side of the state. On the western side we can't hunt NP or SP.

JP100

WKR
If you guys want to hunt in the states my advice is plan a year or 2 in advance at least. Its taken me months of emailing and no replies and bull shit from Colorado parks and wildlife to finally get my hunter education sorted. Never thought it would be such a nightmare.
Hoping for archery elk next season.

OK gents Im very late to this thread:
I live In Wyoming and would trade info to a non resident from Australia in exchange for help on a water buffalo hunt. Theres alot of hunts you can do and areas with no points. Im not saying its the easiest hunt but these are the units I hunt and I harvest every year. DM me if anyone is interested.