Hunting Legislation update

Beendare

WKR
For those that don't belong to SCI, they just sent out their update, copied and pasted below. You can go on their website for more info.

Some critical legislation scheduled....AND its worth noting who the culprits are pushing the trophy ban and so called 'Cecil' legislation .....WOW, and we all thought this was debunked long ago! NOT according to the Democrats.....

From SCI;

Its crunch time. As lawmakers in Washington, D.C. continue to consider legislation before their scheduled August recess, here are "the good, the bad, and the ugly" bills that will impact hunters and conservation that YOU can speak up on RIGHT NOW.
The Good

The Great American Outdoors Act - After passing the Senate last month 73-25, this legislation to provide critical funding to address our public land maintenance backlog, with nearly $3 billion set aside to benefit lands and waters that sportsmen and women depend on, is primed in the House. Enacting the Great American Outdoors Act will be among the greatest conservation victories in our lifetime. It will expand outdoor recreational opportunities for millions of hunters and anglers, while spurring local economic development in communities across the country.

We've just gotten word that this legislation is scheduled for a vote on July 22, so act now and urge your member of Congress to SUPPORT the great outdoors and send this bill to President Trump's desk!
The Bad

FY21 Interior Appropriations Trophy Import Ban - Last week, House Democrats released their FY 2021 Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies Subcommittee Bill, proposed language that will fund the Department of the Interior through the end of FY21. In it, there is a provision that would block the United State Fish and Wildlife Service from issuing a permit for the import of a sport-hunted trophy of an elephant or lion taken in Tanzania, Zimbabwe, or Zambia.

If we know the countries that allow the taking of these species have some of the healthiest populations, why do legislators continue to make decisions based off emotions and not science? Let your member of Congress know you want politics OUT of wildlife management.
The Ugly

CECIL Act - Last, but certainly not least, Rep. Grijalva (D-AZ) recently filed a bill report on H.R. 2245, the CECIL Act, indicating this legislation might see a floor vote very soon.

This legislation will severely hinder the importation of some legally-hunted animals and ban the importation of others. Congress should not pass a bill that would undermine successful conservation programs, substitute prejudice for the rational decisions of wildlife management experts around the world, and turn a blind eye to science.

This move comes as no surprise as Rep. Grijalva and others try to capitalize off the "anniversary" of Cecil the lion. Safari Club International and its members have led the way on opposing this legislation, and now it's time to make sure Congress knows where we stand.

OP
Beendare

Beendare

WKR
The legislative stuff never gets much traction here.......but Its worth noting what our politicians are doing and what organizations are fighting for Hunters rights.

The current administration has been backing hunters- a huge positive......which we did not see in the last admin. For so many years it seemed we were treated like Red Headed Step children.

Cecil Bill by this DEM in AZ? We have to vote this turd out of office. Don't they have something more important to spend their time on than this junk bill?

This Endangered species thing was debunked by environmental folks in the African countries. Didn't they come over here to speak to our Congress? The wildlife science and economic experts support the hunting of these species....its only the Anti Hunting coalitions that want to push this.

_____

Wapiti1

WKR
I appreciate you putting it up here. I've written my legislators a few times on the Cecil act and on import bans. The trouble is that many hunters don't because they say, I'll never need to import a trophy, so who cares. Or some don't like the idea of shooting a lion, elephant, etc.

It only gets real when you can't bring that mountain lion you shot in CO back to CA. Hmmm. What about sheep from Canada? If you don't think those ideas are out there, you are wrong. Grizzly hunting in BC was closed due to emotion and not management. Sitting it out is not an option any more.

I would encourage all hunters to understand the issues and chime in with their legislators.

Jeremy

BBob

WKR
Cecil Bill by this DEM in AZ? We have to vote this turd out of office. Don't they have something more important to spend their time on than this junk bill?
_____

In his district it's near impossible to vote him out. He's been in politics for decades starting with the school board before moving up into a county supervisor position and on up the ladder. He's always been somewhat worthless but his district keeps voting him in. His daughter Adelita has been absolutely worthless on the school board, her record is atrocious but again her district keeps voting her in. She's wisely leaving the school board, her corruption and incompetence has caught up to her so it's a smart time to jump and daddy was successful using the same plan of attack. She's running for supervisor this election following daddy's lead. She's being groomed to take over daddy's congressional seat one day. I sure hope she gets shut down but I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited: