Hunting mistakes you have to laugh at.

Marble

WKR
In the early 90s my dad was out opening morning about an hour before first light. He was standing against a very large pine tree about 8' in diameter. After standing there in pitch black for some time, he heard movement coming from the backside of the tree, his back was towards the noise. It got closer and closer and then the other hunter took one big step backwards and backed right into my dad. They touched backs and both screamed and the had a big laugh after.

The guy's name was Lester and over the years we saw him off and on always remembering that story. I don't know why my dad didn't turn around and try to look that way. But it was funny.

They both killed bucks that morning. I was 12 at the time and I should have been there, but because I had a D in math, I couldn't go. That was the rules. It killed my dad. My mom told me years later that he cried later after he told me I couldn't go.

I never had a bad grade again. Went on to graduate high school with straight A's, graduate college and get my dream job.

My dad is 71 now and is still the best hunting partner I've ever had.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

McNadler

FNG
Reached full draw on an opening day state land Tom Turk during a ground sit only to have him step out in line with a down tree I personally set in place for “added cover”. By the time he stepped clear I was directing the choir with my riser… shaved a few feathers off his brisket and scared him pretty good. Never did end up with another shot this year. You can bet I’ll skimp on the cover in favor of clear shooting lanes from now on.