Hunting mule deer in North Idaho

Gj1611

FNG
I have always been a whitetail hunter and have hunted in many of the units in Clearwater, Nez Perce, Latah, and Shoshone. I was fortunate to draw the Unit 11 tag but didn't shoot anything. During my time on this forum and other places I have heard stories of mule deer being farther north, like in Unit 1, 2, 3, 4. I noticed there is a short antlered mule deer general season the first week or 2 weeks of November. Has anyone ever harvested one?
I live in southern Idaho. Hunt elk in unit 4 sometimes. I’ve seen a healthy amount of muleys just north of St. Joe, a couple of decent bucks. Mule deer doesn’t open up that way until later in the season, I was hunting mid October each time. Would’ve filled my tags there if it wasn’t for that. I’m hunting unit 35 this season, first time! Have a great season.

BuckSmasher

Lil-Rokslider
You drive from southern Idaho to unit 4, why?

I live and hunt up here in the Panhandle and some nice whitetails up here. Especially if folks would stop shooting yearlings. Very few mulies on cameras i have ran and 0 bucks I would shoot.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
I live in southern Idaho. Hunt elk in unit 4 sometimes. I’ve seen a healthy amount of muleys just north of St. Joe, a couple of decent bucks. Mule deer doesn’t open up that way until later in the season, I was hunting mid October each time. Would’ve filled my tags there if it wasn’t for that. I’m hunting unit 35 this season, first time! Have a great season.

Disinformation

Gj1611

FNG
You drive from southern Idaho to unit 4, why?

I live and hunt up here in the Panhandle and some nice whitetails up here. Especially if folks would stop shooting yearlings. Very few mulies on cameras i have ran and 0 bucks I would shoot.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
I have family up in cda. Grew up there and eastern Washington.