Hunting over a community scrape

mmcdonough

Lil-Rokslider
Got a bit of a puzzle I'm hoping people can help me with. Found a gold mine of a community scrape late last season. I went in to check it out last Friday and sure enough, it was being used again heavily. I threw a cam up on the north end of it to take some inventory. My question now is how to hunt it. My only clean access is a trail that run's North-South. The scrape itself sits on this trail but it's close to the the neighbors property. Deer trails are heaviest from the East and West but they use the N-S trail too.

I can only get in on that trail or through thick cover that I suspect is being used as bedding. Winds typically come out of the N/NW throughout the fall in this area. Should I risk crossing the trail and scrape area to setup on the southern end? Or maybe setup on the North end and hope that I'm high enough to carry scent over the top of things? Feedback would be much appreciated, I don't want to blow anything out with the wrong setup.

scrape.JPGat trail or through heavy cover that I suspect is being used as bedding. Winds typically come out of the north in mid-late season out here.