WTB Hunting pack for teen son

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I’m looking for a hunting pack for thirteen year old son. He is 5-10 130 lbs. tall and skinny. Just Want a quality pack doesn’t need to be pretty just comfortable and capable of hauling meat. He finally got interested in going out backpack hunting with me, I just can’t afford new stuff he will probably outgrow in a few months. Thanks for any help.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Interested in this. I was looking for something for my son who is 12. Several manufacturers shied away when I inquired. A local maker did say she could modify belts to make them work and expand them as needed. Her packs are pretty nice, but the cost comes in to play.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buy an EXO, the only thing you will have to change is belts as he gets bigger around and those can be found cheap here and Archery Talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Buy an EXO, the only thing you will have to change is belts as he gets bigger around and those can be found cheap here and Archery Talk.

The small belt won't add value because it won't cinch. I considered doing it for my son and talked to them about it. If they made an xs belt, then it might work.

Not that he won't grow into it, but it's a lot of coin.

It got me looking again. Kelty, rei and a few others seem to make or have made youth sized frames and belts.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will special make you an XS if needed. My brother bought one for his 10 year old son for elk season this year. It’s a lot of money for an Exo but it should last him forever and you can find a used one reasonably priced on classifieds.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
The small belt won't add value because it won't cinch. I considered doing it for my son and talked to them about it. If they made an xs belt, then it might work.

Not that he won't grow into it, but it's a lot of coin.

It got me looking again. Kelty, rei and a few others seem to make or have made youth sized frames and belts.

Get him a pack frame. A Bullpac is a good option. You can lash any kind of bag to it you wish. He can hunt with it an certainly haul meat with it. He will never out grow it and if he proceeds to hunt he will always have a need for it.

eoperator

WKR
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Not the cheapest option but a kuiu small suspension/frame will adjust down to fit my daughter that is 5' and less than 100lb. It will also adjust to fit me 5-10 180lb 32 waist. alot of options with that setup for our family

tteel

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man I have a J107 Dragonfly. Its been used hard but I dont think it would be a problem hauling meet. I also have the extra zip in bag. I would let it go very cheap. PM me.

OP
7718Sallee
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Thanks to everyone for the information. I’m looking for something possibly well loved but with good life left and relatively cheap. I’ve found kids and teenagers in general to be hot then cold on an idea from day to day little lone one hunt season to the next. So I’m not going to spend 500$ +on a pack. I’m hoping for some thing around 100$. I had to save several months to get my own Exo. Which my wife thought was crazy. He is a 25” waist and not likely to get above a 30” until at least late in high school.