Hunting pack made in the USA

I'm looking for a hunting pack preferably around the $300 price range and around 4000-5000 cubic inches that's made in the US. I was looking at the slumberjack 2.0 but would prefer to buy something that's made in the US. Maybe that's not possible unless I spend more.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
If you do decide to up your budget you should check out the Stone Glacier backpacks! They are the lightest, most comfortable packs we have tried and they are made in Montana!

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Up your budget or find some used deals on here. A nice made in USA external frame pack like you described is going to be $600 or more on average.

zacattack

WKR
I'm looking for a hunting pack preferably around the $300 price range and around 4000-5000 cubic inches that's made in the US. I was looking at the slumberjack 2.0 but would prefer to buy something that's made in the US. Maybe that's not possible unless I spend more.
There’s good USA made options but you’re going to need some more budget.

Jbxl20

WKR
My vote is for EXO. Either buy used or wait until Black Friday (if they have their sale again) and buy new.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
All Stone Glacier bags and frames are 100% Berry compliant and made in the USA.

Is this true??? I believe they get some materials from overseas.

For the OP, up your budget and look for a used kifaru or stone glacier pack, you’ll be glad you did and after a few weeks you’ll have forgotten about the extra ~200 dollars you went over your budget.

fatlander

WKR
Kifaru
EXO mountain gear
Stone Glacier
Seek Outside
Outdoorsmans Packs
Initial Ascent
Mystery Ranch (military line, the hunting line is made overseas)
Barney’s Sport Chalet (I think)

There may be a handful more. At your budget it’s going to be hard to get an American made pack. The mystery ranch terraframe series is going to be the best bang for that buck in my opinion, but it’s not made in America. Frequently goes on sale at and under your budget.

If you buy used you may be able to nab one of the other listed above in the 400+ dollar range.

Some of the ones listed above can you run you closer to 1k new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this true??? I believe they get some materials from overseas.

For the OP, up your budget and look for a used kifaru or stone glacier pack, you’ll be glad you did and after a few weeks you’ll have forgotten about the extra ~200 dollars you went over your budget.
thinhorn_AK you are correct. I shouldn't have thrown out a blanket staement like that. The R3 platform is 100% Berry compliant. The black webbing on Xcurve and Krux Evo frames is not Berry compliant. The rest of the materials on the Xcurve and Krux Evo frames are sourced in the United States.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
thinhorn_AK you are correct. I shouldn't have thrown out a blanket staement like that. The R3 platform is 100% Berry compliant. The black webbing on Xcurve and Krux Evo frames is not Berry compliant. The rest of the materials on the Xcurve and Krux Evo frames are sourced in the United States.

Thanks for clarifying, I was t trying to be argumentative, I was genuinely wondering. Good to know it’s the R3 that is berry compliant.

CCH

WKR
Used is going to be the only way to go on that budget. For about $500 you can get a new HPG Qui-Ya when they get the new version in.

If you don’t get carried away with extras you can get into a seek outside pack for under $400, looks like the divide model would fit the size you are looking for.

Rokwiia

WKR
I'd suggest looking at Seek Outside made right here in the USA in Colorado. Absolutely phenomenal backpacks. You not only support an American company but the local economy in Colorado.