Hunting pack made in the USA

Thanks for clarifying, I was t trying to be argumentative, I was genuinely wondering. Good to know it’s the R3 that is berry compliant.
One of the biggest reasons I buy Kifaru is because they are 100% Berry compliant right down to the thread. I don’t know that the others can boast this. And this is the axe I have to grind with the other pack companies. If Kifaru can do it, so can the Seek Outsides, Kuiu’s and Stone Glaciers of the world. But they choose not to but instead put China slave labor to work instead of Americans..........

Axlrod

WKR
I got an EXO a few months ago, and so far I like it a lot. I usually get a new one every 4 or 5 years, so I divide the price by 4 or 5 and it doesn't seem too bad on a cost per year basis!
I think a gently used one would be ideal for what you are looking for. Not trying to be a smart guy here at all, but something to ponder. If the guy selling his used US made pack uses the money to buy a Chinese made pack...

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
One of the biggest reasons I buy Kifaru is because they are 100% Berry compliant right down to the thread. I don’t know that the others can boast this. And this is the axe I have to grind with the other pack companies. If Kifaru can do it, so can the Seek Outsides, Kuiu’s and Stone Glaciers of the world. But they choose not to but instead put China slave labor to work instead of Americans..........

You bring up a very good point. While Chinese labor is much much cheaper than American Labor, the prices between SG and 100% American made packs aren’t all that different.

thinhorn_AK you are correct. I shouldn't have thrown out a blanket staement like that. The R3 platform is 100% Berry compliant. The black webbing on Xcurve and Krux Evo frames is not Berry compliant. The rest of the materials on the Xcurve and Krux Evo frames are sourced in the United States.
Some body needs to open a webbing company in PR. Lol

that’s about as close as close gets though. I’d give them credit

If you choose Kifaru internal pack frame used around that size and price. Consider the 357 mag. I proudly flip over packages to support American products. I am very proud to own several 100% American made Kifaru products. The material, webbing, buckles, thread and labor are all USA, no other pack comes close.

TexDoc

Lil-Rokslider
Is there a thread like this for clothing? Seems like the "big guys" we all run are made everywhere but here. I see things like "designed in the USA" etc but the labels all list the country of origin in Asia (usually). Makes me wish Kifaru made more clothing, I have one of their hoodies and the SOB is warm and tough, but way too warm for early season. I checked the labels on my Kuiu gear and the tags say either China or Vietnam, Sitka says China, FL says China, Badlands says China...and its not like they are giving this stuff away.

Rock-o

WKR
Is there a thread like this for clothing? Seems like the "big guys" we all run are made everywhere but here. I see things like "designed in the USA" etc but the labels all list the country of origin in Asia (usually).

I don't know of a thread, but Forloh states their products are "100% Made in America" and "One final caveat: every part of the process, from the waterproof membranes down to the tiniest thread, had to be sourced and manufactured in the U.S.A.". See https://forloh.com/pages/why-forloh.

Canis says it can't be done and makes their products in "Asia".

: Sorry, I forgot about the following thread that I even posted in, lol!

Last edited: