hunting pack

Im looking for a new whitetail hunting pack i do alot of public land hunting so it needs to be big enough to carry essentials for an all day sit and if im able to strap a stand to it thats a plus thanks for the recommendations

Love my new Exo 4800... live our west now (almost 15 years) but grew up in mid-Atlantic shooting whitetail. I’ve had Sitka and Kelty packs, the Exo is in a different class altogether. A few guys I respect quite a bit love the Kifaru packs too. Other buddies I know use the Eberlestock - pretty bombproof but also heavy.

I’d go Exo and be done with it... can use for day hunts or backpack in several days if/when you’d like to. Really light and also durable.

zacattack

WKR
Im looking for a new whitetail hunting pack i do alot of public land hunting so it needs to be big enough to carry essentials for an all day sit and if im able to strap a stand to it thats a plus thanks for the recommendations

Have you checked out the Kifaru Stryker? It seems to be made for this.

Gearqueer

Lil-Rokslider
I have been super happy with my Kelty Redwing pack for 5 years now. It’s not made for hunting, but it works great and it’s an Amazon click away. I have packed out whitetail meat with this pack and it worked just fine. I don’t know about strapping a tree stand to it, but I don’t know any pack I’d do that with unless it had a large exterior frame or load shelf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
2nd the EXO packs. Been running a K2 5500 for the last 3 years, it's been the most comfortable I've ever owned, especially caring a heavier load. Have run the Eberlestock Just One and a Tenzing TZ5000, the EXO is by far the most comfortable.

Vrybusy

Lil-Rokslider
+1 on the EXO.....It will carry everything you need for an all day sit as well as being able to COMFORTABLY strap a stand to it. I've strapped a stand to others over the years and their shoulder straps were not up to the task. Like others said....get the EXO and be done with it. You'll just need to figure out which size to get! Good Luck!

OP
whitetail15
Thanks for all the input I have been looking at the Stryker pack and the mystery ranch treehouse does anyone have any experience with that pack thanks

stevec91

FNG
ive been really happy with my 30L sitka Bivy pack for day hunts. Light Durable and quiet.

Thanks for all the input I have been looking at the Stryker pack and the mystery ranch treehouse does anyone have any experience with that pack thanks

For what you're looking for, I would not use the Treehouse. I really like the Treehouse pack in the tree, but it wouldn't carry a stand well (or a lot of weight, but especially a stand). Depending on your budget, definitely consider the Mystery Ranch Pop Up 28, or the Kifaru Stryker.

I can saw from experience that the Pop Up carries a Lone Wolf climber really comfortably. A hang on and sticks might be a little awkward. The Pop Up 28's main compartment can be a bit difficult to access while you're in the tree, but at least you have the front pocket and lid pocket. If you pack your bag carefully, you won't mind that weakness too terribly.

I used a Mystery Ranch Treehouse for run and gun public land hunting with a Lone Wolf hang on and sticks this year. It's great in the tree, lot's of room for packing layers and packs ok. Depending on how far you're packing, I'd look at the Pop Up 28 also. It won't be as nice in the tree but will pack a stand way better.