Hunting pants

OP
midwestkilla

midwestkilla

Lil-Rokslider
Just to clarify the seat and knees are waterproof. Not the entire pant but the DWR is outstanding. I’ve waded through shoulder high grass after a heavy dew several days in a row and not wetted out

how are they with temperature regulation? too hot in warm weather?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lowg08

WKR
how are they with temperature regulation? too hot in warm weather?

Actually no. I wore through September archery. The was high 80’s & 90’s. No problems. Just unzip and roll on. My dad wore a pair opening rifle here. High 41 low 29 that morning with two layers under.

Attachments

• 8C5E21C1-C53C-40A4-B27D-C758621ED4ED.jpeg
    8C5E21C1-C53C-40A4-B27D-C758621ED4ED.jpeg
    636.3 KB · Views: 24

Lowg08

WKR
I literally only own the corrugate foundry and catalyst foundry. Only ones I need. Alternate out base layers. 145 zip off, kiln, wick long boxers. Adding furnace zip off. I also have two different weight down pants.

j33

WKR
Eddie Bauer guide pants are good have a few BUT their stitching sucks so plan on going in and swapping them for new ones on warranty often (before they rip or have visible wear otherwise they won’t warranty them). I honestly got tired of it and bought some Kuiu Kutana’s for 4 times the cost. Is it worth it? The quality is superior (Eddie Bauer guides stitching is about the worse I’ve seen), Kuiu fabric dries crazy fast, Kuiu’s don’t stretch as much over a few days, EB guides ripped in same hunting areas where Kutana’s don’t show marks, pocket layout/design is better and finally the side zips are money for less sweater balls. For me it’s worth it as I use the pants for personal use too, none of those will help you kill more bulls so the Guides will get it done! Also Eddie Bauer made in Sri Lanka and Kuiu Ethiopia, both a win in my books for products that aren’t China.

First Lite side vents have no mesh so when they are open expect to show skin and nice easy access for bugs. I was in Mexico yesterday wearing the Kutana’s while traveling home and those vents were full time open. Would have been fun with First Lites showing full skin… Just something to think about as for some people no mesh is a plus?

OP
midwestkilla

midwestkilla

Lil-Rokslider
Eddie Bauer guide pants are good have a few BUT their stitching sucks so plan on going in and swapping them for new ones on warranty often (before they rip or have visible wear otherwise they won’t warranty them). I honestly got tired of it and bought some Kuiu Kutana’s for 4 times the cost. Is it worth it? The quality is superior (Eddie Bauer guides stitching is about the worse I’ve seen), Kuiu fabric dries crazy fast, Kuiu’s don’t stretch as much over a few days, EB guides ripped in same hunting areas where Kutana’s don’t show marks, pocket layout/design is better and finally the side zips are money for less sweater balls. For me it’s worth it as I use the pants for personal use too, none of those will help you kill more bulls so the Guides will get it done! Also Eddie Bauer made in Sri Lanka and Kuiu Ethiopia, both a win in my books for products that aren’t China.

First Lite side vents have no mesh so when they are open expect to show skin and nice easy access for bugs. I was in Mexico yesterday wearing the Kutana’s while traveling home and those vents were full time open. Would have been fun with First Lites showing full skin… Just something to think about as for some people no mesh is a plus?

The mesh is definitely a plus, i’ll check into those. What is the temperature range you’ve used the pants through? assuming you layered when needed

j33

WKR
The mesh is definitely a plus, i’ll check into those. What is the temperature range you’ve used the pants through? assuming you layered when needed

Once I get below freezing I start using baselayers on my pants. I tend not to like lower leg baselayers. Coldest I’ve used this was on a sheep hunt low 20F’s in AM. I always carry puffy pants and when it gets really cold I have others that I use winter long (Kuiu Axis) and better with wind.

I gotta say, I had the opposite opinion of the Corrugate Foundry's, as did my two hunting companions.

We all sweat like hell in them, especially at the knees, even in 20-40 degree temps while hiking. Taking the knee pads out solves this, but who wants to be doing that in the field? The knee pads also smack your knees while walking, which is obnoxious, and their pants run short. All my other 32x32 pants I own fit perfect, the Corrugate Foundry 32x32 kept coming over the top of my Timberline's and letting all sorts of debris and rain in.

Not a fan.

Went back to my Kuiu Kutana Pants, tick all the boxes while feeling like they're not even there. We had an absolutely torrential rain this deer season and I was able to hike them dry in short order.

Lowg08

WKR
I gotta say, I had the opposite opinion of the Corrugate Foundry's, as did my two hunting companions.

We all sweat like hell in them, especially at the knees, even in 20-40 degree temps while hiking. Taking the knee pads out solves this, but who wants to be doing that in the field? The knee pads also smack your knees while walking, which is obnoxious, and their pants run short. All my other 32x32 pants I own fit perfect, the Corrugate Foundry 32x32 kept coming over the top of my Timberline's and letting all sorts of debris and rain in.

Not a fan.

Went back to my Kuiu Kutana Pants, tick all the boxes while feeling like they're not even there. We had an absolutely torrential rain this deer season and I was able to hike them dry in short order.
I have never used the knee pads. I hate knee pads. I have to buy the longs because of my height. I normally wear 36x36 but they only have 36x35 and they are plenty long enough for me. That is why they make different brands for different people.

I don’t like the mesh in the kuiu. Feels like it restricts the heat dump too me. I have had attack, axis and talus hybrid and guide pants.

Do you feel inadequate if you don’t spend 150 dollars on pants? If the answer is no, wrangler hiking pants from Walmart or Eddie Bauer from Costco. I think I paid 17 dollars for my Eddie Bauer/Gerry pants. If it makes my opinion matter more I think I’ve killed 5 elk, 3 antelope, and 2 deer in 3 years using them. So obviously they must work! If you’re concerned with the label on the inside of your pants I’ve heard the attack pants are nice!
How quiet are the Wranglers from Walmart. They seem a little noisy in store when rubbed together. Do they get less so with wear and washing ?

Ucsdryder

WKR
How quiet are the Wranglers from Walmart. They seem a little noisy in store when rubbed together. Do they get less so with wear and washing ?
Quietest pants I had were the kanabs. All the synthetic are similar in my experience. I haven’t noticed a difference in washing. I also wear gaiters so pant noise isn’t tops on my priority list. I don’t spot and stalk mule deer or something where quietness is important.