Hunting partner 2022 CO DIY

Bolt

Lil-Rokslider
Well it's sad to say but I'm going to have to drop my current hunting companion. After the lying and unethical things I have witnessed I'm done and that does not come easy because hunting partners are hard to come by.

Here is the deal, I have hunted both CO and WY and with the points creep in WY I don't have enough to draw. I have enough points for a party of two to draw the unit in CO 1st rifle. That said I can go it alone or find someone new, I like hunting with people but for financial or other reasons the guy I'm dropping was the only one that has worked out over the years.

My plan for now is going in on foot with llamas so we would need to put a deposit in January to guarantee we would have them. I have hunted the unit in this location with success in the past on every hunt but it's a long ways back so you would need to be in good shape even with the llamas. I'm fine hunting together or independently and have all of the camp items we would need, hot tent ECT ect... You would just need some Backcountry experience and the essentials for staying warm and comfortable. The area is not trophy but produces some decent bulls and you have the option for cow elk too, honestly speaking 280" with the possibility of a 300 if you are the kind of person that has a horseshoe you know where. If you are interested please PM me I live on the east coast and am driving out so you are more than welcome to ride with me or we can meet there whatever works best. Happy Hunting!
Picture attached of the last bull I killed there, like I said not trophy unit but there is potential there, I just don't trophy hunt, I take the first legal bull I can on hunts like this.
edaf2d791da6a57955d02f86175deaf8.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Quick point to emphasize is that Colorado does not pool points... you are limited to the slowest runner in your party.

Good luck to ya! Wish you the best in the elk woods.

OP
B

Bolt

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys, I have someone that has committed to the hunt. Thanks for all of the interest!
to @Bull_in_Heats comment, I found out that they do not average points like WY, a non issue for the unit but never the less it gave me a surprise. Its been awhile since I have hunted there.
Best of luck to all on the mountain this year.