Hunting partner needed

FSUHUNTER

FNG
I'm still in the "hunt" for an archery moose hunting partner for 2020
Can you send me your info.... I’m also looking for 2020/2021 and have been researching for several months. Maybe are plans are similar. I’m going to Newfoundland this year for my first moose hunt, but hunt the western states every year with some buddies.

Labdad

FNG
Good luck with the planning and the hunt. My only piece of advice is to be VERY critical of who you agree to do this with. Something like this is not for the faint of heart and/or someone that is gonna wanna throw in the towel and go home on day 3 when the going gets tough.

Keep us posted!

Yeah or he kills his bull the first day then when his bull is back at camp, decides he's had enough packing...

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I hate pointing out flaws without a helpful solution, but your price quote feels about $5K per person too high.

There may be services you haven't shared about their operation, but I'd be asking for three other quotes to get a ballpark range of expectations. You could hunt AK twice with that kind of money.

lb

OP
B

Buck2747

FNG
Still in the hunt for an affordable transporter. That seems to be the largest cost factor so far about half the rom estimate is the bush flight and meat haul out of the bush. Need to get back on the phone and possibly look at a different area than originally they thinking might be able to find a more affordable hunt.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Unless you’re an absolute beast or a glutton for punishment, at least one partner would be good. An adult bull moose will weigh in the neighborhood of 1000 – 1400 pounds live weight, and you will be packing somewhere between 500 – 800 pounds of meat, bone, antlers, and cape back to your camp, AFTER spending several hours field dressing and quartering it. Moose can die in some pretty tough spots, and they typically like boggy brushy terrain that is tough to walk in, let alone carry a pack with 100+ pounds in it. Find a buddy if you can.

- - - Updated - - -

You and Herbie (the post above yours) are both from St. Louis it looks like, you guys should get together and talk...

This is good advice, I shot my moose towards last light this past season I walked over and died in a hole with about 18” of standing water and scrub. That water got pretty nasty as the evening went on and the blood got in the water. I’d hate to be in that situation solo, it took us several pack outs I can’t imagine doing that solo, it would take days.

Labdad

FNG
Still in the hunt for an affordable transporter. That seems to be the largest cost factor so far about half the rom estimate is the bush flight and meat haul out of the bush. Need to get back on the phone and possibly look at a different area than originally they thinking might be able to find a more affordable hunt.

I'd be looking for the best not the most cost effective ...

OP
B

Buck2747

FNG
Found a partner on here. There are a couple guys on this three that are looking.. pm them.