Hunting partner unit Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m searching for a hunting partner to hunt the Mule Deer archery season (August/September) in Unit 27 in Arizona.

My wife is not comfortable with me going alone and it’s hard to find committed people to go to another state to hunt as a non-resident.

I’m 28, in shape, and highly motivated to backpack hunt. I will pull my share of the load.

PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fmyth

WKR
I can't think of a more beautiful place to be in September than unit 27. Just spent a week camping and hiking on the border of unit 1 and unit 27. If I didn't have a WY archery hunt already planned I'd be interested. Best of luck with your hunt. Lots of deer in that unit.

OP
H
I can't think of a more beautiful place to be in September than unit 27. Just spent a week camping and hiking on the border of unit 1 and unit 27. If I didn't have a WY archery hunt already planned I'd be interested. Best of luck with your hunt. Lots of deer in that unit.

Thank you! Good luck to you as well!

Carpenterant

Lil-Rokslider
My schedule is pretty hectic this summer and I just nailed down plans for a long weekend with my buddy in unit 10 but if you don’t get one and want to go in December or January for otc deer let me know.

OP
H
My schedule is pretty hectic this summer and I just nailed down plans for a long weekend with my buddy in unit 10 but if you don’t get one and want to go in December or January for otc deer let me know.

I will definitely keep that in mind. My tag will still be valid in December!

Fitzwho

WKR
Just a thought... But my wife was the same way the first year I went out west. I got an InReach, started an every 10 minute tracker, and let her use the website to track my whereabouts the entire time. Would send a note from camp every night and turn that off to charge it, turn it back on in the morning. Ever since those first two hunts, she just has me send the link to my dad or brother. I have to keep telling myself that she does actually care.

If you were going to be down in the 30's units, it could be a bit dicey, but in 27 you shouldn't have any issues with drug runners. Other than that, it will be hot.

dtrkyman

WKR
I will be there, not sure my dates yet and I have a New Mexico tag in Sept.

You can pm me if you want. I truck camp mostly but did also pack in for a few days last year in Sept.

fmyth

WKR
Just a thought... But my wife was the same way the first year I went out west. I got an InReach, started an every 10 minute tracker, and let her use the website to track my whereabouts the entire time. Would send a note from camp every night and turn that off to charge it, turn it back on in the morning. Ever since those first two hunts, she just has me send the link to my dad or brother. I have to keep telling myself that she does actually care.

If you were going to be down in the 30's units, it could be a bit dicey, but in 27 you shouldn't have any issues with drug runners. Other than that, it will be hot.

Hot? You must not be from AZ because we think the average September temperature in Unit 27 is chilly at 75 degrees during the day and 39 at night.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 5.32.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 5.32.41 PM.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 42
OP
H

That’s a great idea! I have been looking at those for a little while now. I didn’t realize the inreach has the capability to spot track that often.

I live in the southern end of 27 if you have questions or anything you can message me. My schedule is pretty busy but i do plan on getting out and doing some hunting

OP
H
I live in the southern end of 27 if you have questions or anything you can message me. My schedule is pretty busy but i do plan on getting out and doing some hunting

Will do!

ZachP

FNG
Unit 27 was my first backpacking hunt last year and solo. I did the inreach and it worked great to keep in contact with the family. The website GPS sharing worked great, but I do want to point out they just suffered a ransomware attack that put them out of service for a little. Definitely something to keep an eye on.

Montyb

FNG
Unit 27 was my first backpacking hunt last year and solo. I did the inreach and it worked great to keep in contact with the family. The website GPS sharing worked great, but I do want to point out they just suffered a ransomware attack that put them out of service for a little. Definitely something to keep an eye on.
Regarding the ransomware attack, I too was worried that the inReach would be affected. I tested mine while the garmin website was down and it worked fine. I sent messages to my wife and also the inReach test site and all worked fine.

MB

Txhunter85

Lil-Rokslider
If you want to go in December/January I’d be down to go with you. I have an early September elk hunt on the books otherwise I’d go.

Aortiz99

FNG
I’m searching for a hunting partner to hunt the Mule Deer archery season (August/September) in Unit 27 in Arizona.

My wife is not comfortable with me going alone and it’s hard to find committed people to go to another state to hunt as a non-resident.

I’m 28, in shape, and highly motivated to backpack hunt. I will pull my share of the load.

PM

How’d your hunt go? I’ll be hunting it this September. Any particular area of the unit you recommend for mule deer?

Status
Not open for further replies.