Hunting pressure

Hey folks, hunting elk for the first time this year. First rifle, antlered, GMU 7 and 8 in Colorado. I've been out to the area a few times but one thing I'm not sure how to get a feel for is where to expect to encounter pressure out there. I don't want to pick out spots to plan my hunt around only to be part of a single file line headed up the ridge or have ATVs screaming all around. I guess I just have absolutely no idea what to expect in terms of pressure and would like some advice if anyone has any. I'm willing to get back into the nasty stuff but I'm sure lots of other folks are too. Has anyone hunted that area who can give me an idea of where to expect the greatest concentrations of hunters to be? TIA

I haven't hunted that area but from what i've seen, every area within earshot of a trail has ATVs/vehicles driving up and down all day long during archery/rifle season. That being said, I've killed all of my bulls from 0-3 miles from a dirt road/ATV/dirtbike trail. A lot of people that ride up and down the roads do just that and are too lazy to get off and hike.

I hunted these units last year for 2nd rifle and the pressure wasn’t horrible. Sure I saw trucks and some quads but I was still able to get away from other hunters. The units are pretty big so it tends to spread the pressure around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
FirstTimer
Appreciate all the input. It being my first year, I'm assuming whatever I think the plan is on opening day will be out the window pretty quickly lol, but you live and learn and I can't wait to experience it. Thanks again guys