HUNTING RELEASE

TwoTikkas

WKR
I have an old Cascade 8 that I keep around to deal with target panic. A month or so with it and I’m good to go for a while.

Went down that road myself. The Cascade did help. When I was shooting 300 +/- arrows a week,and 3 3D shoots, I got the panic so bad I nearly had to quit shooting completely. I ended up shooting fingers one winter league to break the curse. I know it's not relevant to the OP's question,but I'm currently using one of the first Tru Ball calipers on an old Trufire wrist strap. Held together with cord. The non disengaging jaws seem to help with anticipation. Wanna have some fun? Dig up an old "Answer" release. The release from hell. 😀

Bownut400

FNG
Whalens Hooker release. It is a solid t handle release. Functions the same as a back tension while if the need arises to speed the shot off. No moving parts can add a wrist strap if needed ( don't punch me). It is the most comfortable release for me, getting a larger hole one allows me to use gloves while hunting in the cold. I am not sponsored by them just have a few of them

Clifford

FNG
I hunt with a Carter target 4. Big help for me is during practice being honest with myself if I punch it or not. Ideally, the goal is to never allow a punched shot or the habit becomes hard to break. I found if I don’t shoot for a bit I’m more likely to get punchy when I come back so regular shooting helps. Blind bale form work is also useful and the feel of a proper shot is worth investing some time in. Good luck.

Marble

WKR
If someone has target panic, they need to go to a hinge, go through an instructional process and practice form for a long time before they start shooting targets.

It will make you a better archer. Then you can choose your release based off of what you like to shoot, not what you can shoot.