Hunting Release

TheViking

WKR
What release are you shooting for 3D and hunting?

I’ve been playing around with thumb buttons lately, I can’t find one that I’m super comfortable with yet.

I have my old faithful Trufire $60 wrist release that’s been working fine.

Looking for other options...

Medusa7MM

WKR
STAN XTINCTION 2 RELEASE

Using this one for hunting. I recently changed my set up along with my release. I tried several out before I settled with this one.

D.Rose

Lil-Rokslider
I shoot a Scott Ascent or longhorn hunter for hunting. For 3D i primarily practice with the hinge and shoot a thumb button in tournaments. If you are looking for thumb trigger recommendations then Stan probably makes the best in the business with Carter being a close second.

Spot Hogg Friday night special or whatever it is. Really small thumb handle. Have 3 of them.

Changed a whole lot of bows, but my release has stayed the same.

Meshnasty

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been hunting with a Carter Wise Choice the last two years.

My anchor seems much more consistent and comfortable after switching to a hand held. I also have a 2 Smooth and Silverback that I use at home. I like to alternate between the hinge and thumb trigger.

Elkhntr08

WKR
Been shooting 2 Scott Mongoose for years now. Works great, so no reason to change.

Scottyboy

WKR
I’ll second the nock 2 it, will likely never go back to a wrist strap. Took me a offseason to adjust (500? Arrows) to get used to different hand/arm movements..glad I made the switch, shooting much better since. YMMV

new guy, and have been shooting thumb release and just started training a hinge, it is an amazing feeling. complete surprise. really enjoying it. my groups are tighter right away too.

bignocks

FNG
The stan perfex has a boat load of adjustments and accessories that come with it for a good fit. I would get the long neck version because I believe the short neck doesnt come with hook catch. like a carabiner.