Hunting scope inputs

Spark352

Lil-Rokslider
Looking at picking up a new optic for my primary hunting rig. The weapon is a 300 WSM with a 24” barrel. I had the rifle build to be my one and done hunting rifle. Currently have it topped with a Vortex razor LHT. Comfortable shooting 400yds at game and out to 800yds at the range. Although the majority of my shots fall within 200yds.

Toying with the idea of putting the LHT on another rig and possibly pickup up a scope in the $1000-2000 range for the short mag. I have been looking at the Swarovski Z5i line of scopes. Something with the BRH reticle as it seems the BT has had some trouble over the years. Not sure if they have fixed the turret issues or not. Wanting something that fairly light weight (~20oz), around the 3-15x mag range, good optical clarity and great low light performance.

Question would be is there much of a difference in the glass between the LHT vs Z5? Any other optics that y’all would recommend for a mid range hunting rig? Living in the south east it’s hard to find dealers that have any hunting optics in that price range to view before purchasing. Thanks

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It is not a fair comparison of a Pacific Rim scope optically to a European, the Swarovski will be noticeably superior

OP
Spark352

Spark352

Lil-Rokslider
It is not a fair comparison of a Pacific Rim scope optically to a European, the Swarovski will be noticeably superior
Have you seen a design change with the Z5i vs the Z5 that would lead you to believe the ballistic turrets now have better durability? It seems like a 50/50 split online between guys that use them.