Hunting season is over....NOW WHAT?

MtnOyster

WKR
Since we‘re all in this same boat together and hunting season is over for most of us and coming to the end for the rest what are some of the things your gonna do or at least plan on doing between now and next hunting season??

Get your list of plans and events on here and post some pics along the way as you check that list off through out the year.

My list for the year:
Drag the old ranger boat out of the garage and try to get some fish in the freezer before summer.
Kill some old long beards...
Attend the pope & young convention in Chantilly, VA March 26-28
Might have to do another spring break vacation with my wife and kids (my last one, their not little kids anymore)
Get my crops planted
Go to the Tennessee classic (Trad bow shoot) check it out on YouTube if you never heard of it
Try to squeeze in a spring black bear hunt (doubtful)
Fly out to Glenwood springs, Colorado for the Total Archery Challenge (already booked that one, can’t wait)
Shoot as many 3D shoots every weekend that I can before hunting season starts
Kick off the 2020 fall hunting season elk hunting out west

Hopefully gonna be a busy year with a little luck....

Last edited:

NV HUNTER

WKR
My Daughters college softball season starts in 2 weeks. We will be chasing her around Colorado,Utah, New Mexico, Arizona for the next few months. She is a JR at Fort Lewis in Durango Colorado, so I only have 2 years left to enjoy her on the field.

jfs82

WKR
like most of you so far, fishing time. whole shore fishing setup sitting in my amazon cart as we speak.

Joelweb

FNG
I spend some of my time in the off season preparing for the next season. Projects are a part of that.

This year I'm trying to work up a solid load for a backup rifle. I'm also trying to develop loads for my muzzle loader that are effective and legal for different western states in case I happen to draw a tag somewhere. It's fun.

weaver

WKR
A little spring turkey on weekends. Other than that it's working as many hours as possible until sweet September.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
No MMA title fights in there Mtn Oyster? Grin

Good topic. These hunting seasons get on us quick.....

I'm just trying to get a decent elk tag.

I just made up a couple new strings for my recurve- do those count?

OP
MtnOyster

MtnOyster

WKR
No MMA title fights in there Mtn Oyster? Grin

Good topic. These hunting seasons get on us quick.....

I'm just trying to get a decent elk tag.

I just made up a couple new strings for my recurve- do those count?

LMAO😂😂 At 48 years old I had to give the belt up bro!! nothing but enjoying life for me now.....

Last edited:

Brendan

WKR
I've got way too much to do. Need more time.

Project season for me. Trying to get an old project car running well and sold along with all the parts and spares. Free up space, time, and money for more fishing and hunting. Along with Getting all sorts of hunting and shooting gear sold that I no longer use. Simplifying has become a big goal of mine.

Skiing and Snowmobiling.

Application season - figuring out where to hunt this year.

Heading to Florida next month for some R&R, maybe some fishing, maybe shoot a hog.

Snow Goose Hunting in late March / early April

Before you know it - Spring Turkey will be here, spring fishing, and then the stripers are in for summer.

All while trying to get back in shape, get rid of nagging injuries, get back to shooting my bow and riding the mountain bike.

Last edited:

CoHiCntry

WKR
Doing a bunch of high country mountain single track riding on my dirt bike... hopefully click off another 100 miles or so backpacking the Colorado Trail with my family in an attempt at completing it from Denver to Durango. Downhill skiing for the next couple months until summer! Can’t wait for summer! Winter can be kinda depressing...

He in Ca, I can hunt pigs year round. So pig hunting and preparing for next season. For example, yesterday I hiked into one of my local spots and made some campsite improvements, cut some firewood and cleared the trail of some of the downfalls. It was a sunrise to sunset day excursion. So today, I am taking it easy.

netman

WKR
Headed to Louisiana for a week long crappie trip in a week.
Fishing.shooting and turkey hunting until June then headed to Idaho and Montana for spring bear.