Hunting season is over....NOW WHAT?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
My season ended almost 4 months ago. I've just been trying to get my back to a place where I can fully function and participate this year.

i count eye guards

Lil-Rokslider
Hope to have a few fights before August, bear is coming up, turkey right after, lots of camping and fishing besides that. July means scouting hard through the end of August, then rolling into archery elk.

Squamch

WKR
Bear season starts april 1st. Before then, I've got to...
-finish the flatdeck for my superduty,
-finish the front axle rebuild and front and rear suspension re-do, flatdeck install, and wiring on my wheeler, this is lowest priority,
-fix the nuked rear axle in my 4runner,
-leaking crank case on my dirtbike
-work full time,
-stay married,
-finish the bathroom reno side job,
-the other bathroom reno side job,
-the basement leak repair side job.

And one weekend I'd like to get out snowshoeing and winter camping.
So, I should be able to stay pretty busy.

robtattoo

WKR
Over? Did you say over?!? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was is over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Hell no!

And it ain’t over now...when the going gets tough.......the tough.......ARGUE WITH STRANGERS ON THE INTRANETS!!!!! :D:D

Fixed that for ya ;)

ChrisAU

WKR
Got two more weeks of whitetail down here, 1 buck tag left. Getting less and less picky as the days tick by. Able to hunt every evening for about 1.5 hrs after work, blessed in that regard. Then we'll immediately pick up on coyote hunting until Turkey begins in mid March which lasts through the end of April. After that we generally let the snakes and mosquitoes rule the woods and the gym, golf course, and beach get my time.

robtattoo

WKR
It's skwerl harvesting season down here right now, not that I've had a minute to get after them.
I generally try to get a couple of offshore fishing trips booked for the early spring & I can always hog hunt within a day's drive to. I guys there really isn't an 'Off' season.....

jmcd22

WKR
Never really over for me...I try to stay in the best shape I can be in over the "off-season" plus it's yote season now!

FLAK

WKR
I can hunt Bobcats and Hogs through May.
Then Fishing and getting ready for fall.

Last edited:

Conroy

WKR
Redo my kitchen, living room and both bathrooms. I want to try to make my own bedroom set and a flowing river coffee table.

My daughter is getting married in August so no vacations this year except hunting season. I’m going to try to hunt 3 weeks out west this fall.

Sprinkle in some coyote hunting, bass, Muskie and pike fishing.

Kgentry

Lil-Rokslider
Time for ice fishing!

Attachments

• 3DB6017D-21B7-435E-AB32-9F0AEE68B57B.jpeg
    3DB6017D-21B7-435E-AB32-9F0AEE68B57B.jpeg
    171.8 KB · Views: 25
Scouting new public land areas.

Trout fishing.

Lots of hiking.

Getting back into mountain biking this year after several years off.

Mattyq17

FNG
Coach my sons travel baseball team till the end of May and continue to get into a shape that isn't round. Then camping and scouting trips with a week at the county fair for my sons swine project mixed in.

hutty

Lil-Rokslider
Squirrels and rabbits till the end of Feb. Start working on the honey do list to keep the wife happy. Spring some turkey hunting and striper fishing, crabbing in the summer and then ready come Sept.

Tradguy

FNG
Winter time canoe trips and camping for me and hopefully some Oklahoma pig hunting on my friends place. Tag application season also gets going. Wife and my little girl makes time fly this time of year!