Hunting season is over....NOW WHAT?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Lots of snow machining, a few cannon ball runs for caribou, maybe some ice fishing. Then I’ll get fat and out of shape so sheep season sucks a bit more in August.

I'm hooked on the idea of spearfishing - where/ what are you hunting? Freediving or scuba? I'm looking into doing a PFI or FII freediving course this summer.
Scuba for me. I go after any of the gulf reef fish like snapper, amberjack, grouper, sheepshead, trigger, flounder, and lionfish.

Luked

WKR
Turkey Season in April, Fishing from now all the way through fall.
getting ready for my Antelope hunt in Oct.
buy gear. and buy more gear

Virginian

Lil-Rokslider
One of the perks of living in the east is there are plenty of things to do in the winter/spring.
Jan./Feb.: hounding for hogs, trout fishing, running the rabbit beagles and trapping
March: hounding for hogs
April/May: hounding for hogs, trout fishing, and turkey hunting
June/July: Fishing and camping
August: Hounding for bears

ChrisAU

WKR
My yard got some much needed attention yesterday...which is good, because yotes will get attention this weekend!

warrant

WKR
Just wrapped up with Coues deer so now it’s predators and hiking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16Bore

WKR
Looks like selling clothes in the classifieds is the #1 post season activity.

Squamch

WKR
Bear season starts april 1st. Before then, I've got to...
-finish the flatdeck for my superduty,
-finish the front axle rebuild and front and rear suspension re-do, flatdeck install, and wiring on my wheeler, this is lowest priority,
-fix the nuked rear axle in my 4runner,
-leaking crank case on my dirtbike
-work full time,
-stay married,
-finish the bathroom reno side job,
-the other bathroom reno side job,
-the basement leak repair side job.

And one weekend I'd like to get out snowshoeing and winter camping.
So, I should be able to stay pretty busy.

Well I'm almost finished the basement and bathroom jobs, the smaller bathroom job is done. I gave notice at my full time job, with the intention of heading off to a union camp job. I seem to still have a wife and kid. Truck is still rusty, 4runner still on Jack stands, wheeler has zero progress made, but I did buy new used 37" trepadors for it, and the dirtbike is still leaking behind the tool shed.
Dad threw his back out, and didn't put up enough firewood, so that's been added to the list now.

I'm starting to think I'm not going to get to go camping this winter.

OP
MtnOyster

MtnOyster

WKR
Finally!! It quit raining for one day, been in my garage for the better part of a year but she run pretty good, got me out to one of my favorite holes Sunday afternoon
0B5546FC-9918-4032-B13D-4ACB77A04DB5.jpeg

KurtR

WKR
Can’t say it is ever over here. Got coyotes to kill then snow geese and turkeys. Right into scouting then August is here and it’s go time again. Mix in some prairie dog shooting and some fishing I don’t have enough time to do all the fun stuff I would like to

brsnow

WKR
There is so much to do.ski season, biking, family trips, sneak in a scuba trip, fishing. I don’t miss hunting when it is not in season.

Hunting season kind of ended for me in Late November, through December. Then it started again for a bit in January when I went to Mexico for Coues Deer. After that, I needed something to keep me busy or I'd go crazy, so I made it a goal to figure out how to be a successful Lake Trout ice fisherman... I am now hopelessly addicted to that and am very happy that I'll have something to drive me crazy each winter. But... I'll go hunting in March for Mountain Goats. I used to think there was a hunting "season", when I lived in the Midwest but since moving to Alaska and creating new goals I've found that hunting season can really be year round, depending on what you want to do. Lake Trout 5.jpgLake Trout 1.jpg

Looks like I picked up a new project for the winter, the struggle begins.

0ogfT9u.jpg

OXN939

WKR
Just got my pilot's license. Took up a lot of the doldrums of winter. Who wants me to fly them and let me get hours? Haha.