Hunting Stabilizer

johnvan74

FNG
Just purchased a Prime Black 5, looking for input on options for a good out west hunting stabilizer. I will be adding a Tightspot 5 arrow quiver and I will be using a HHA Tetra Tournament 4 pin sight.

406unltd

WKR
I have a 10” beestinger and I like it. I would suggest the crossroads archery adjustable stabilizer because that’s what I want next. I want a black 5 I’m jealous.

OP
johnvan74

johnvan74

FNG
I have a 10” beestinger and I like it. I would suggest the crossroads archery adjustable stabilizer because that’s what I want next. I want a black 5 I’m jealous.
Have you shot it yet? Btw its amazing!

406unltd

WKR
I haven’t used the stabilizer. And I haven’t shot any new bows for the last couple years cause I bought a realm x a couple years ago. I shot some older primes though and was hoping they would have adjustable cams in the future.

CaliforniaMuley209

Lil-Rokslider
just started running new bee stinger microhex and love it. used to run a sidebar but was too heavy this knocks out two birds with one stone.

DMooch

FNG
Just started using the Crossover 1233 telescopic stabilizer. I first saw Corey Jacobsen from Elk101 using it. Very interesting concept, and so far I like it. In hindsight, I wish I had purchased the 821 model as I don't see when I would ever extend to the 33" mark. Quick disconnect is a must.

Brendan

WKR
Brand does not matter whatsoever. Length does matter, a short stabilizer doesn't do anything. The longer the stabilizer, the less weight you need on the end to get the same effect. But, you do want one that is stiff enough that it won't bend at all - that becomes more important in the longer ones.

I personally like a front and rear bar setup with quick disconnects. 10" front, 6" or 8" rear works well, and will keep you legal for bowhunter class 3D if that's your thing.

I personally hunt with a 14" front, with 4-5 ounces out front, and then a 10" rear with 6-8 if I remember correctly. The longer front stabilizer actually works well and gives you something to hang onto if you carry your bow on your shoulders.

You'll need to experiment on what weights work best for you.

TravisIN

WKR
I just bought a set of cbe torx bars. They have the 11” & 7.5” with back bar mount and qd kit on amazon for like 130 bucks. I’m super impressed with them. Honestly shocked how much I like them. Got them just to try but now I’m leaving them on and leaving my fuse blades, bs micro hex and hunters in the drawer. Worth a look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
johnvan74

johnvan74

FNG
Brand does not matter whatsoever. Length does matter, a short stabilizer doesn't do anything. The longer the stabilizer, the less weight you need on the end to get the same effect. But, you do want one that is stiff enough that it won't bend at all - that becomes more important in the longer ones.

I personally like a front and rear bar setup with quick disconnects. 10" front, 6" or 8" rear works well, and will keep you legal for bowhunter class 3D if that's your thing.

I personally hunt with a 14" front, with 4-5 ounces out front, and then a 10" rear with 6-8 if I remember correctly. The longer front stabilizer actually works well and gives you something to hang onto if you carry your bow on your shoulders.

You'll need to experiment on what weights work best for you.
does the weight become an issue on longer mountain hikes chasing elk out west?

NebraskaStickHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I can vouch for the crossover 821. I put a bow Jax on it and so far it is superior to my beestinger 8”. It does help settle the pins when extended out. I haven’t bought the quick disconnect but will before this summer. Just understand what you are seeking in a stabilizer. Enjoy and you can always buy more 😉

CaliforniaMuley209

Lil-Rokslider
Is that the counterslide stabilizer? Looks like a good concept how do you like it?

I really like it. Lightens up the bow a little but still gives you a nice stabilizer to work with. I have the 15 inch and Im glad I got that one I wouldn't go any smaller since it sit backs a little farther.

Joyce

FNG
does the weight become an issue on longer mountain hikes chasing elk out west?

I don't know what your background is. For me, coming from rifle hunting, I don't have a problem adding weight to my bow that will improve my shooting and will still result in something lighter than the rifle I've been carrying all around in the mountains with no problem.

I like just a regular old front bar. Back bar just gets in my way and I like to keep it simple

It would be nice to test different lengths and weight set ups to see what helps you the most.

I am currently using a 10 inch beestinger microhex with quick disconnect on my prime ct3.

I do use a 6 inch when hunting out of a treestand since my shots are shorter. Typically less than 40 yards and honestly I could probably use nothing and be fine.

Part of the reason I ended up with my prime was it’s ability to balance for me without side weight or a lot of weight. I have shot bows though that I definitely would have wanted a more complex stabilizer system to get it to balance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skyhigh

Lil-Rokslider
I'll be the devils advocate and say try to shoot your bow without a stabilizer at all. Personally, I can shoot groups w/ broadheads to 60 that I would be plenty comfortable taking an animal with. Last two archery deer have been at 52 and 51. You may not have to buy one at all, depending how your bow feels in hand.

If I was getting a stabilizer set up I would probably get a beestinger front and backbar so I could balance it well, probably a 10" and 8".

bat-cave

WKR
I used the Crossroads during Elk season and a Beestinger Microhex for Whiettail and liked both. I will likely run the Crossroads again most of the time as I do like to practice longer shots and I find the Crossroads has improved my groups for 60+ yards. This, of course, assumes you extend it even partially to take full advantage.

I ran the Microhex for WT as long shots are more like 45 yards where I am hunting and the added weight/size isn't worth it for me.

My setup (RX-1, RX-4 Ultra) both work very well for me without a backbar. I've hunted with them before and found that they weren't worth the added challenges of moving through thick cover and even easily strapping it to my pack.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
asdew04