Hunting Stabilizer

ben@bpetersondds

Lil-Rokslider
Just started using the Crossover 1233 telescopic stabilizer. I first saw Corey Jacobsen from Elk101 using it. Very interesting concept, and so far I like it. In hindsight, I wish I had purchased the 821 model as I don't see when I would ever extend to the 33" mark. Quick disconnect is a must.

I agree. I got suckered in by the Bino attachment. My brother bought the 821 yesterday. Told him not to go with the crazy ass long one

Outwest

WKR
I've been shooting my newer bow without stabilizers for awhile and haven't taken the time to experiment with them to try to see a difference. I shoot a few arrows almost every day but distance is limited to 20 yards.

I'm curious what you learned about shooting without them, and what the impact of your current setup is compared to with nothing.

The purpose of stabilizers is to balance and level your bow and steady your sight picture. If you are shooting with good form, this is the result. There are deeper discussions about the roles of stabilizers but I won’t get into that due to ignorance on my part.

Shooting without stabilizers shifts the weight back toward the shooter and forces your form to pick up the slack of steadying and leveling the bow. For me, it became pretty natural after some practice and I didn’t see enough of an added accuracy element to carry them on my hunting setup since I rarely take a shot past 50 yards.

Impact wise, if I do my part, I see no change of impact shooting with or without stabilizers. Group size may vary, but I can’t detect any actual POI changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravisIN

WKR
The purpose of stabilizers is to balance and level your bow and steady your sight picture. If you are shooting with good form, this is the result. There are deeper discussions about the roles of stabilizers but I won’t get into that due to ignorance on my part.

Shooting without stabilizers shifts the weight back toward the shooter and forces your form to pick up the slack of steadying and leveling the bow. For me, it became pretty natural after some practice and I didn’t see enough of an added accuracy element to carry them on my hunting setup since I rarely take a shot past 50 yards.

Impact wise, if I do my part, I see no change of impact shooting with or without stabilizers. Group size may vary, but I can’t detect any actual POI changes.

If your group sizes change wouldn’t that be an impact of shooting with/without stabs? I’m assuming they are tighter with stabilization, which to me makes it a worthwhile addition. Do your own thing for sure. Not here to argue or change your mind. It’s Just my opinion, even if your only shooting a max thirty yards and you can make you groups tighter it’s a good thing.

WKR
I shoot a quivalizer. Feels the most like my target bow.

Wind is the crux, so I practice shooting without it too. Pin float is faster and it changes POI (higher) by about 4" at 50 yards when the quivalizer is removed.

Jcros

FNG
I also have the Prime Black 5 and I have a 1233 crossroad stabilizer. I used that last year with my CT3 for elk hunting and it does a great job settling your pins and gives you a great way to carry your bow in the mountains. I also have the 15 inch Beestinger Microhex counter slide and really like it a lot as well. Especially when I have my tight spot quiver on with arrows in it. Does a better job balancing the bow immediately. I think I will be using the counter slide this year in the mountains.