Hunting tactics

Ivanmania

FNG
Im new to hunting and am hoping to be sent some links to read/watch/listen to learn more about tactics when going hunting. Thanks

Find a reputable youtube channel that seems to fit your style of hunting and dig through their archive of videos. Seems to be the quickest way to grasp the general knowledge of most things these days.

OP
I

Ivanmania

FNG
Im from bc and am going to be compound bow hunting. Any recommendations?

Lowg08

WKR
What type of game. Whitetail? Bear? Considering the area. Look up Hal Blood. He tracks those strain of whitetail in the snow.

Kularrow

Lil-Rokslider
Dan Infalt, John Eberhart come to mind as people with a wealth of hunting information out there. As far as a compound bow goes that’s a loaded question, you get what you pay for in that industry.

Im new to hunting and am hoping to be sent some links to read/watch/listen to learn more about tactics when going hunting. Thanks
Check out the wilderness locals podcast, they are from BC. Kifaru cast, wired to hunt, meateater website and show on Netflix would be a great resource. I would recommend learning as much as you can and try to be as respectful to the game you are pursuing as possible. You need to be super proficient with your weapon before trying to harvest game. Good luck!

NorthernHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I wish you the best of luck. I like reading books and articles on the subject. I hunted whitetail in Northern Wisconsin for 17 years before branching out to other animals. I feel like every year I learn something new. Usually by making a mistake. Just remember that you may not have success immediately. Don't get discouraged. Just try and learn something every time you go out. Also I would recommend practicing with your bow as often as you can. Most chances are missed because people don't practice enough. If you ever need whitetail advice or have questions feel free to PM me. I will help any way I can.

iHunt*

Lil-Rokslider
YouTube is a huge resource. Check out the following channels:

Randy Newberg
Hushin
Elk 101
Jason Matzinger
goHunt

I would definitely start with Newberg's early content " on your own adventures"

Dr. Zeus

FNG
On YouTube, the hunting public or Sean's outdoor adventures.. I'm more of a believer of dan infalts opinions over scent vs john eberhart. Dan infalt hardly wears camo and doesn't use scent control. Primarily he hunts in the swamps and marshes in Wisconson and when he does, he sweats his ass off and still manages to kill large mature bucks.. he uses milk weed to test thermals and wind currents. It's a very useful tool.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Check out traditional bow hunting podcast and whitetail habitat solutions. Both are pretty good and focus on tactics mostly.

Oakman

Lil-Rokslider
I am new too and I hunt Solo in Michigan, many times I take my kids with me to teach them, this makes it even harder to stay on track. At any how, I always E-scout before going and mark my onX hunt map with many alternatives. I found out that my mind set plays great deal in success. please don't let lack of seeing animal or opportunity to shoot discourage you. We all make mistakes without knowing it. Always take a minute to recap and enjoy the experience.
Reading in varies Forums and watching youtube is great start.

Best of luck