Hunting the Olympics

Rubben15

FNG
Hey guys, I'm new to hunting and I am curious, what is the preferred method to hunting deer in public land near the Olympic mountains?

OP
R

Rubben15

FNG
Ya I was just looking for if it is more of a tree stand area, walking through the woods, or whatever else. I know specific locations hush hush :)

Fonkie

Lil-Rokslider
Really depends on where in the Olympics you’re talking & how much logging activity there is. We hunt mostly spot & stalk in clear cuts on the west side of the peninsula

Ya I was just looking for if it is more of a tree stand area, walking through the woods, or whatever else. I know specific locations hush hush :)
I will say I do a lot of walking mainly but find a lot of tree stands. And even blinds that guys leave out. A lot of guys hunt black tails just like white tails. Especially since you can bait. Be careful though leaving stands out if you’re considering that, who knows what kind of guy will find and (take) them.

Capitol State Forest.
Get there 2hr before sunrise and sit still till 11am. All road hunter will hit road around 8-9 o’clock pushing deer all over the place. After 11 you can still-hunt in timber. Use a b c land lines, if you are road hunter keep shotgun in the car for grouse. FAB87525-D50A-4D57-BC7D-B6E5461B4474.jpeg