Hunting time

The regular hunting season just ended. Of the 35 day rifle season. I hunted every day but 5. Three to rest up after packing meat, one for vehicle repairs and one to give the horses a break as well as my butt. I'm guessing I rode over 300 miles.

How many days did you folks get in this year?

Not as much as I would have liked. I did all of our first, second and fourth rifle seasons here in Colorado. So 18 days. I was way short compared to last year.

Mosby

WKR
I have a deer hunt in Iowa coming up. 2nd week of the season. I have a couple of young bird dogs and I've been focused on them, so I haven't done much deer hunting this year.

Been deer hunting since this past Saturday our opener, been seeing deer and lesser bucks every day, just not the one I am after. Have pics of him on trail cam but looks like he disappeared, He will make a misteak sooner or later I hope. Back out tomorrow.

rodney747

WKR
Back to Texas hill country for a few days. Have 2 grandkids checked off on kills and waiting for holidays to finish the rest. Rut is in full swing so hopefully Grandpa's turn to kill a good Buck!

14 days for elk this year. Normally do half that but had some extra vacation to burn. Will hunt every day of early above timberline rifle deer next year(I hope)

Seen a nice six-point last night running with a spike as I got into shooting position the spike busted me and they both hauled it out of there, feeling horrible today working on a cold I guess, supposed to rain here the next three days if I wasn't feeling bad, I would be in the woods. Gotta get back out there but feeling bad and the rain best lay off until Wednesday. Have hunted 6 days of the first week with the exception of Sunday, calling for snow on Friday sick or not I will be on the mountain.

FLATHEAD

WKR
Was finally able to make the 4.5 hr. drive back home and get in a couple days in the NF.
Easing down a firebreak going through some steep terrain, wind blowing back and forth. About 7:20, worked my way up on a ridge looking down into hardwoods on the right, thick pines/scrub down in a gulley on the left. Wind hit me from the right rear blowing down in that gulley so I had my eyes there waiting on anything to smell me. Sure enough, about 20 seconds later 2 bucks get up and start sneaking out.
Not running but heads and tails down, weaving through the thick stuff getting out
of dodge. Had the lead buck, a real nice one in my scope but they never stopped to
offer a shot. Dang it man!! Came home next day as we had some Tornadic activity and heavy rains.
Maybe again end of next week.

Change of plans, going back out tomorrow, hell If I die what better place than on a mountain to get it done.