Hunting w/ Carter Evolution

thillman

FNG
Have been shooting the Carter Evolution for a bit now and am thinking about hunting with it. Just looking to see how folks have made out with it in a hunting atmosphere.

Thanks

Been shooting one for 2 years. Killed a deer a d turkey with it. Best shot execution I have ever felt. The one thing to be cautious of is being to amped up and having it go off as soon as you let off the safety. Maybe set it a little heavy for practice so that it’s not super hot for hunting.

OP
thillman

thillman

FNG
Been shooting one for 2 years. Killed a deer a d turkey with it. Best shot execution I have ever felt. The one thing to be cautious of is being to amped up and having it go off as soon as you let off the safety. Maybe set it a little heavy for practice so that it’s not super hot for hunting.
Makes me feel a lot better thanks!

*zap*

WKR
I suggest that you practice this way.....keep the thumb on the safety until your ready for the arrow to go downrange.....all lined up and form 100% and then let off the safety.

If you practice that way then being amped up when shooting at an animal will be no issue.

Zac

WKR
I experienced disaster with a tension based release. I would pull way harder on game and usually active it when I let go of the safety. If you are prone to adrenaline spikes I would only use it as a training aid.

I have not experienced a situation where I had to sit a full draw for a longer period of time and then still execute. I would definitely recommend being anchored and pin settled before slowly releasing the safety. At close range you should still be plenty accurate. The other thing is that if your draw length is a little too long you maybe have a hard time getting it to go off when aiming up or down hill. I just shot a TAC event and definitely noticed that.