Hunting weather

Blackdirt Cowboy

Lil-Rokslider
What app or internet site do y’all use to monitor the weather where you plan to hunt? I’ve been looking at different sites, but the best I can do is look at the weather forecast for the nearest town. But that doesn’t give me any idea of what’s happening in the higher elevation wilderness areas.

The best I do is use wunderground.com

You can search individual weather stations to get as close as you can to your hunt area. I also will try to choose a weather station at a similar elevation and terrain as my hunt area. I've found this to be very accurate.

The best I do is use wunderground.com

You can search individual weather stations to get as close as you can to your hunt area. I also will try to choose a weather station at a similar elevation and terrain as my hunt area. I've found this to be very accurate.

Agree 100%. The biggest thing I like about that app is that it presents the data graphically - you have a chart where you have time on the horizontal axis, and then you have lines representing temp, humidity, pressure, chance of rain, etc. I find it so much easier to digest at a glance than looking at a table of numbers.

OP
Blackdirt Cowboy

Blackdirt Cowboy

Lil-Rokslider
Where can I check accumulated snow? I found a map for that on NWS site, but it’s not very detailed.

I use the same ones that Olsolitaire uses, you can use the map to literally pick the ridge that you will be hunting on, and then it will give you the data from the weather station nearest to that location.

fatbacks

WKR
I'll just chime in and say the inReach weather blows. I rarely have cell service and we use it but it generally sucks.

PMcGee

WKR
I'll just chime in and say the inReach weather blows. I rarely have cell service and we use it but it generally sucks.

I agree. I would just message my girlfriend from the Inreach and have her send me the weather for the next few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wunderground here too. Although mountain weather can be all over the board. Inreach showed 10% chance of precip and we received 8" of snow..lol.