Hunting Whites - High Performance/Cheap

Ultraheight

Lil-Rokslider
Hi All,

Curious if folks have good leads on quiet, high performance, waterproof hunting whites that can be slipped over a more robust Kuiu or Sitka setup for hunting big game in deep/ongoing snow? Saw Sitka just dropped whites for snow goose hunting, but would love to find something that is NOT $600 for a setup. Asking because I hunted snow for elk and my kuiu stuck out like a sore thumb

Voyageur

WKR
I have an old set of Cabela's whites that serve just the purpose you describe.
Over the past 5 years or so I've noticed more than once that Scheel's has relatively inexpensive whites on their racks.
Nat Gear used to have some inexpensive whites as well. Have no idea though if they still do, or if they are even around as a company anymore.
Hope this helps.

unless you are hunting. A winter wonderland, I wouldn’t over think it. I find it is better to go with thin cover ups (over whites) and rely on my other regular hunting clothing for warmth and waterproofness. Also, unless you are hunting some place that is completely Snow White, it is nice to mix and match. Depending on terrain, I sometimes wear just the pants (snow on the ground but foliage trees and bushes) and have a camo top. I have also gone full whites with a white pack cover and white head gear in whiteout conditions.

Mine main set is a pair from a military group called vertex which I don’t think are made anymore. Look for kryptek or wild things tactical or crye ($$$). They are nylon, quiet, not really water resistant but maybe block some wind. Mine replaced some German military cotton over whites I still have. Sportsman’s guide is a good source for surplus Stuff, particularly European. the cotton stuff has worked fine for me although I prefer the nylon b/c it’s lighter and dries fast

Bradyd4

FNG
Hi All,

Curious if folks have good leads on quiet, high performance, waterproof hunting whites that can be slipped over a more robust Kuiu or Sitka setup for hunting big game in deep/ongoing snow? Saw Sitka just dropped whites for snow goose hunting, but would love to find something that is NOT $600 for a setup. Asking because I hunted snow for elk and my kuiu stuck out like a sore thumb
I realize sitka is spendy, but for the quality it really can't be beat. Even kings camo is spendy now days