Hunting with a blade rest?

Zac

WKR
Thinking about picking up the new Integrate bad rest from QAD for 3D. Just wondering if anyone has tried hunting with a blade? Mainly wondering if it's at all practical?

I wouldn't, too many things to go wrong. Easy to have an arrow come off, they tend to be noisy to draw with, make a good twang on release. I'd somehow end up damaging the blade while hunting.

Reactions: Zac
I use the Hamskea G-Flex blade for Elk hunting with no problems.

I wouldn't consider that a blade rest, that launcher is only to be used on a drop away.

I'm not familiar with what Zac is asking. I can't find it with a Google search. Maybe qad came out with something similar. I know Mathews just released a new integrate blade rest, I wouldn't be using it for hunting. A drop away with better containment and a blade might be a different story

wapitibob

WKR
The G Flex is a replacement for both a drop away and a fixed blade; that's why it's tapered. I've also hunted with a standard blade, not my first choice but it does work.

The G Flex is a replacement for both a drop away and a fixed blade; that's why it's tapered. I've also hunted with a standard blade, not my first choice but it does work.

Hamskea specifically states it's not for a fixed blade. Not saying it can't be used for one, as wide as it is I wouldn't.

I have no doubt you can hunt with a blade, infact I have a bow right now with a blade rest on it that I might end up taking to a stand, but I think in about every hunting application a fixed blade rest is a poor choice. I certainly wouldn't use one on a dedicated hunting bow.

Edit:

I'll correct my statement, I was only familiar with the wide g-flex. I wasn't aware of the narrow and field launchers. These could be used, still a poor choice.

Wide g-flex from hamskea shouldn't be used as a fixed blade.