Hunting with a hinge: How are you carrying your release?

Curious how those of you that hunt with a hinge carry it while hunting? I'm debating drilling a hole in that release and just tying a para cord loop to tie to my wrist. Wondering if others have found better ways to carry your hinge to keep it easily accessible, and make sure you don't lose it. Post pics if you have them.

BowhuntingBrune3

Lil-Rokslider
I have a cheap vortex bino harness and there are mesh pockets on the side with elastic on the top and i just stick it in there. It is easy to get to and doesn't move at all.

OP
RaggedHunter
Do you guys carry a spare? I don't trust myself not to lose mine if I were to just stick it in a pocket.

Pants pocket and carry a spare in my bino harness. Only had one occasion when I could not get my release out fast enough. Had 3 bulls literally run up to 10 yards from me opening day a few years ago. I got an arrow out of the quiver, nocked and my release on the string before they got squirrelly and started to turn to run. I tried drawing and off they went.

TripleJ

WKR
Mine has a loop built into the back of the handle that I ran a piece of cord through. I have the cord anchored to a wrist strap I robbed from an old release.

OP
RaggedHunter
Mine has a loop built into the back of the handle that I ran a piece of cord through. I have the cord anchored to a wrist strap I robbed from an old release.
I like this idea, I have an old release i could rob the strap off of.

mtnkid85

WKR
I put a loop of small diameter cord on my release with a push button cord lock to snug it all up. And I always have a spare in the backpack.

I keep it in my FHF harness zippered pocket. I also carry a spare inside my pack. Ive got a little bit of orange/reflective cord tied to mine to hopefully make it easier to find if i ever drop it.
IMG_4597.jpg

jmez

WKR
Right front pants pocket. It is the only thing I ever put in that pocket. That way I can always feel it and know it is there. I also don't have to worry about accidentally pulling it out of the pocket getting something else. Keep a spare in my backpack.

Greenmachine_1

Lil-Rokslider
I'm going to try a kydex holder for my 2smooth this year. I found a place online that makes them.

Totally unsponsored plug for the person making it. Had it out in a few days and I thought he had a decent selection of colors and release options.

I'll still need to do some silencing cause it's loud going in and out.
3c6c90d081fd477ee060639e96d210f4.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Gumbo

WKR
TruBall HBC with a hole drilled through it with a BCY#23 braid loop. I snap it to a carabiner on my FHF or put it in my pants pocket. I haven't hunted with the hinge yet, but did this for years with my thumb releases. Because the hinge doesn't snap on the loop like my thumb buttons, I also have a section of paracord with a push button spring lock in my FHF that I can use to put it on my wrist just in case I want to, like in a treestand.

And yes, I always have a spare release in my pack, although I've never needed it.

Colobwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
Carried mine in my pocket and constantly checked to make sure it was there! Like the idea of using the front pocket on my FHF bino harness and the orange paracord

OP
RaggedHunter
I'm going to try a kydex holder for my 2smooth this year. I found a place online that makes them.

Totally unsponsored plug for the person making it. Had it out in a few days and I thought he had a decent selection of colors and release options.

I'll still need to do some silencing cause it's loud going in and out.
3c6c90d081fd477ee060639e96d210f4.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I like this idea! You'll have to keep me posted if you're successful in silencing it. I'm also shooting the 2smooth.