Huntworth Windstopper

Hey Guys,
Just looking on feedback on how the wind stopper is on the Huntworth clothing line. I’ve been Sitka and First Lite guy for many years now, but there is a couple pieces that I see that are very intriguing. Any insight is welcome!

I purchased some huntworth gear and the windstoppper works surprisingly well. I had the base layer, MidWeight hoodie (super warm and comfy) and then the MidWeight jacket I put on once the sun was just about down. Temp was mid 30-40’s. I returned it due to sizing but it is nice stuff especially for the money. Not the same quality you’d see in your high end gear, however, that’s to be expected.

Attachments

• 5F2AAB59-5DBF-452B-905C-3DFC763FB9A2.jpeg
    5F2AAB59-5DBF-452B-905C-3DFC763FB9A2.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 37

RAS

FNG
Any clue as to how quiet their heavyweight tricot sherpalined jacket and bibs are? I've been eyeing them and have seen a minority of reviews saying they're too loud for bow hunting.

I don’t have any experience with them. Look nice and would have gotten a set of their gear fit me right.

WyoKid

WKR
I haven't seen many comments or reviews on Huntworth but it seems like a reasonable but for the price.

I have a mix of Sitka, FL, Kuiu and Plythal bought on sale so I tend towards good quality clothing at a reasonable price.

Anyone have any experience with Huntworth?

Arwhite90

FNG
I have a Huntworth pull over that has wind stopper and I think what they call their sherpa lining, I believe it is considered to be their second heaviest weight before getting into full insulated garments. The fabric and construction seems to be pretty decent, though it is much lighter than I was expecting for sherpa lined, it is much thinner/less plush than the sherpa lined stuff from sitka(think equinox hoody or the big game equivalent) or carhartt sherpa lined stuff for comparison. The wind stopper works well(used in WI tree stand where is can be uncomfortably windy) but it definitely gives the fabric a stiffer crinkly feeling, not terrible but worse than say a stratus or jetstream for a high end comparison(though not much worse). Overall for the $70 or so I paid for it, not bad, my biggest complaint is sizing, it's sized like big box clothing, I'm 6'5" and bought a xxl and it's barely long enough in sleeves and torso, but definitely has more room in the chest and waist than I'd prefer, once again not terrible, but I get better fit from the higher end companies(more athletic fit), if you're closer to normal size it will probably fit fine.

WyoKid

WKR
Thanks arwhite90! That is good intel on Huntworth, especially the big box fit as that definitely would not work for me. I agree, for the price you pay, it seems like a reasonable solution for a tight budget.

anthonyjg

FNG
The Huntworth heavyweight stuff is surprisingly awesome and blocking wind, considering the price tags.

I have several Huntworth pieces. I'm pretty happy with all of them, particularly the base layers and the heavyweight stuff. I have their midweight hoodie and it's not holding up as well as the other stuff, which is unfortunate because it's what I use as my outer layer the most. The heavyweight jackets are also pretty bulky when packed into a backpack. Can't expect much better for the price though. They also have sales 2-3 times a year where you can get 20% off.