Husband called in two mountain lions- success!

Marmots

Lil-Rokslider
That's a badass story and a nice lion, congratulations!

Were you two using mouth calls or an electronic caller? My girlfriend and I have been trying some call sets together and so far all I've gotten is tinnitus.

OP
crowinghen
That's a badass story and a nice lion, congratulations!

Were you two using mouth calls or an electronic caller? My girlfriend and I have been trying some call sets together and so far all I've gotten is tinnitus.
He was using mouth calls. Just have better luck than with the e-caller.
I'll ask him the exact sequence he did and let you know if you want.

TheGDog

WKR
That is soo Awesome! Jealous... KommieFornia they've been banned since 1990. I've had to walk past a congregation of 7!!! (3 adults 4 juveniles) That were about 80yds down below the trail line trying to cool themselves laying on the rocks on this hot day after the sun went down. And my pack was bloodied up with mule deer blood. Be thankful your state hasn't lost it's damn mind!

BPollard

Lil-Rokslider
In April we went turkey hunting in eastern Washington, we ended up tagging out the first day, so we decided to do some predator hunting. We had brought our gear just in case.
Found some public land , called in a nice big coyote the first day- it was a great set up- the visibility was so much better than what we're used to in western Washington- came in from way off- got about 124 yards, but I missed it :(
Next day had another one nearly run me over as he was doing some rabbit distress... and I didn't get a shot as it spooked and was gone!

That evening we tromped up and down some public lands used fro grazing cattle. Made a couple sets, but nothing. Last set of the day I climbed up a cliff overlooking a dirt road. Hubby hid deep in some thicket and did a coyote howl and a rabbit distress. Next thing yo know two cougar came running up the road- I was surprised but focused . Got the first one in my cross hairs and squeezed the trigger. It leapt in the air twisting around. The other cat was gone.
I waited for a few minutes then when Hubby came out I climbed down the cliff - he said -did you get it? I said "Yep, I'm pretty sure there's a dead cougar over there" He said ""WHAT???""
Sure enough we walked over and after a few minutes found her. I was sure glad that we had checked to see that the area was still open for cougars, just on the off chance that we saw one. It was our first time hunting predator in Eastern Washington- pretty sure we will be back!!
View attachment 107824View attachment 107826
That must’ve been awesome. good job