Husband / Wife DIY hunt ideas?

I’m fairly new here and primarily just read threads rather than post. If this is in the wrong forum I apologize and I’ll have it moved. This is a pretty big open ended question but just wanted to get any insight possible.

My wife mentioned about going on a vacation / hunt next year. Now as mush as I want a pack in wilderness hunt , that’s just not going to happen with her along. What would everyone recommend for a doable OTC 5 day hunt so it leaves some time for sight seeing? I was thinking possibly pronghorn, Bear, or whitetail somewhere out west. Any input is appreciated thanks!

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
If pick one that works rod mixes her interests with the hunt.

For example, my wife dosent mind sheep hunting because she like back packing and being in the mountains.

She absolutely hates moose hunting though.

handwerk

WKR
If you could pull off finding a Sept. Wyoming antelope hunt, where you work out of your camp, you'd likely have a great time. Often nice weather and see lots of game would keep interest peaked.

OP
TwistedHollow
Thanks a lot guys I will look into that. Can anyone recommend a good drop camp like that?

OP
TwistedHollow
Also was thinking possibly a whitetail Wyoming hunt. I’ve read that tags are relatively easy to draw without any points.

Laramie

WKR
Thanks a lot guys I will look into that. Can anyone recommend a good drop camp like that?
Drop camp? Or DIY?

If you don't have preference points, you will likely only be able to hunt doe antelope and those tags are not over the counter. Not a bad idea with Wyoming whitetail. If you have preference points, absolutely recommend antelope for the two of you. (Next fall 2022)

One of the most fun hunts I have done with my wife was a private land cow elk hunt. It cost a little but it was worth it.

cgasner1

WKR
What’s the budget for the trip that makes a huge difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
TwistedHollow
I’m really leaning towards Wyoming Region A deer combo. I’ll put in for just preference this year so I can have atleast one going into it. We aren’t planning on trophy hunting and that sounds like a area that is good just to hunt.

tuffcity

WKR
After years of me taking off sheep hunting and coming back skinnier and happier she decided that it was time to give a backpack hunt a try. Our first one was an early season alpine mulie hunt and she was hooked after that. Makes planning fly in hunts a lot easier! lol

FatCampzWife

Lil-Rokslider
If she likes rocks, pick a place that was a variwty of geography. If she likes trees &mountains, go to a forest in the mountains. If she likes hills & plains.... I think you see where I'm going here. Her ability to quietly be content while you hunt will mean the difference between an enjoyable trip...or not.
Just ask my hubby...lol.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
If she likes rocks, pick a place that was a variwty of geography. If she likes trees &mountains, go to a forest in the mountains. If she likes hills & plains.... I think you see where I'm going here. Her ability to quietly be content while you hunt will mean the difference between an enjoyable trip...or not.
Just ask my hubby...lol.

This is exactly right, like I said before, my wife likes sheep hunting because she enjoys the mountains and scenery. She dosent like tromping through swamps and getting bitten by bugs so she’s really not into moose hunting.

colersu22

WKR
Me and my buddy talked about trying a cous deer hunt in Arizona and taking the wife’s and family down. Last time my wife and in-laws went to Hawaii we talked about doing a guided axis hunt as well.

Beach and bows.. I'm fairly certain there are goats and pigs on all the islands. Lanai and Maui have Axis deer too. When I was in Kauai, there were a few times when I definitely could have killed pigs and goats with a bow

Wallace

Lil-Rokslider
I’m going to be planning an Hawaii Axis deer hunt. Beaches and bows!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did the same thing a few years ago. I hunted for one day (was a three day hunt, ended first afternoon when I shot an axis), we hung out on Maui the rest of the time. One of the best trips I've done.