Hybrid 100V and 6.5 PRC

nobody

WKR
Hey everyone, hoping some people with some experience can chime in. Mom bought dad a Christensen MPR in 6.5 PRC for their 30th anniversary, and we've been shooting it some with factory loads through break in and such. With that being said, he's not wanting to tear through the factory ammo without being able to replenish easily. He's got CCI primers, 140 Grain Barnes Matchburner projectiles, and once fired Hornady brass, and I've got dies. We are aware of the traditional powder preferences for this round, but are also aware of how hard it is to get our hands on them.

Currently, I've got some Hybrid 100V (2 lbs) gathering dust on the shelf. I've found some load data from Barnes for the 130-class bullets and Hybrid 100V, but dad's got the 140 grain Match Burners. Does anybody have any experience running the Hybrid 100V behind a 140 grain pill in the PRC? I'd rather use the 100V for something than see it just sit, but if it's just a stupid idea then I guess I'll just explore other options.

Any experiences welcome, thanks everybody.

Harvey_NW

WKR
Classified Approved
No personal experience yet, I have a bunch sitting on the shelf as well. But looking at a burn rate chart compared to Hodgdon's load data it's not very close. If you happen to find data I'd recommend working up diligently, from what I've read Hybrid 100V is pretty notorious for pressure spikes.

OP
N

nobody

WKR
No personal experience yet, I have a bunch sitting on the shelf as well. But looking at a burn rate chart compared to Hodgdon's load data it's not very close. If you happen to find data I'd recommend working up diligently, from what I've read Hybrid 100V is pretty notorious for pressure spikes.
Thanks, I had read the same which is part of why it's sitting gathering dust.

Oddly enough, Dad stumbled upon some H4831 last night and scooped it up so we are going to head that direction at this point! He got lucky for sure!