Hybrid Bow sight that isnt over engineered?

I’m looking at picking up a sight that has a couple fixed pins (for the majority of my hunting of whitetails 40yards and under) and an adjustable floating pin (for western/open land spot and stalk), but everything I’m coming across is so dang complex with 1,800 adjustment options.

I just want something that has as few components/bolts/pieces as possible so that is is rock solid and has minimal points of failure. Im rough on my equipment.

I dont need on the fly micro adjustments or 18 different axis to dial in, I want to set it and forget it. I can do windage and whatnot on my own.

Anything standout or should I just trust that they are going to stay put? If thats the case, any opinions on the Option 4?

Thanks.

If you want your floating pin to be completely independent of your fixed pins, an Option sight is your only...option. If that functionality isn't important to you, then don't get an Option; there are other equally well made sights with greater range of travel out there, many of them at lower prices.

I have an Option 8s on my primary bow and an Option 6 on my backup. Other than the micro adjustable gang windage/elevation knobs (which I agree aren't necessary, but also aren't going to hurt anything), I don't really see how an Option sight is "over engineered." Its other features (2nd & 3rd axis adjustability, dovetail mount) are pretty much standard on higher end sights.

Last edited:

Holocene

WKR
Spot Hogg Fast Eddie. Get the 2-pin up pin version or a 3-pin. 2-pin is simpler.

They do have 2nd and 3rd axis adjustment, but not a true 1st axis. 1st axis doesn't matter if you shoot the bow level or are open to thin washers to shim the sight arm.

18 axes to adjust sounds like a pain, but I do prefer a sight that at least has all three.

OP
Wastinshells
If you want your floating pin to be completely independent of your fixed pins, an Option sight is your only...option. If that functionality isn't important to you, then don't get an Option; there are other equally well made sights with greater range of travel out there, many of them at lower prices.

I have an Option 8s on my primary bow and an Option 6 on my backup. Other than the micro adjustable gang windage/elevation knobs (which I agree aren't necessary, but also aren't going to hurt anything), I don't really see how an Option sight is "over engineered." Its other features (2nd & 3rd axis adjustability, dovetail mount) are pretty much standard on higher end sights.
Have you had any issues with the sight getting knocked off “zero” at all? I do think the fold away ability is pretty slick, if a guy went the sight that has it all option.

OP
Wastinshells
Have you had any issues with the sight getting knocked off “zero” at all? I do think the fold away ability is pretty slick, if a guy went the sight that has it all option.
I haven't had any issues with mine. But I would still recommend putting witness marks on all the adjustable portions after you get it dialed in. And check the tightness of the fasteners before/during a hunt.

Thanks guys, this dang nailed what I was looking for. I’m going to take a serious look at it. Thanks.
I was looking for the same after banging my bow against brush and everything else. The micro-dials were getting beat up and then they got sloppy. I looked hard at a lot of sights and am glad I got what I did.F0603AC2-7EED-4BBD-AF00-3693731AD847.jpeg

LONE HUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
One more vote for black gold ascent verdict. I have 2 of them. I have had one of them since 2016. I managed to damaged the windage bar by landing all 220 pounds of me on my bow. Black gold sent me a new one free of charge with no proof of purchase. I have had zero issues other than that .

CBE Tactic Hybrid 3-pin is $140. I’ve shot the Engage Hybrid for a couple years and switched to their new Trek Pro this year, both over $300. The Trek is in between these at about $250. Really hard to beat these for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chase4545

FNG

I agree, I recently purchased an Option sight and love it. Doesn't feel plastic like the other supposed high end sights do. You will feel the same as the mouse and I, the sight is solid.

Bump79

WKR
I've heard decent things about the Trophy Ridge hot wire. It's a fixed with a floater pin but I doubt it's as high of quality as a Option.

BDRam16

WKR
Another MBG Ascent Verdict user. I wouldn’t use anything else at this point.

dj1975232

Lil-Rokslider
When I was looking for something similar, I settled on the Fast Eddie 3 pin. Pins set at 20, 30, and 40 with 40 being the floater. That gets me to 85 yards without holding over.

LONE HUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
I ended up buying a MBG ascent verdict! Thanks for all the advice guys.
Make sure and register it on their website, and if you have any issues at all they will take care of you. I also forgot to mention I was at Big Sky Montana TAC just walking by their booth and they noticed my sight didn't have the latest cover on the fiber optics and homeboy swapped it on the spot for free just because. He also told me not to buy a dove tail for my V3X 33 directly from MBG because I would get it 15 bucks cheaper from a distributor. I'm sure there's stories somewhere of bad experiences but I am pretty impressed with these guys.