Hybrid Bow Sight

burlap

FNG
I'm looking to replace my 5 pin Spot Hogg Hunter because my grouping is now good enough that I feel comfortable shooting at greater than 60 yards.

I was looking for a 7 pin, but they seem to fallen out of fashion. I'm really not interested in a single pin, it just doesn't make sense to me. However, if I could get another 5 pin, and have a sight tape that extends one of the pins to a specific yardage, that sounds good.

Anyone have any ideas on a sight that does this? Like the bottom pin is the one you use when you use your sight tape. I'm cool to gap shoot between the other pins.

Thanks.

Dvidos

Lil-Rokslider
Every Spot Hogg sight I can see on their website is offered in 7-pin.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
+1
f.png

Jimbob

WKR
Tommy Hogg with 3 pin is what I use. The site tape is for my 3rd pin.

I use to shoot a 7 pin but love the tommy with 3 pin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ctitus25

Lil-Rokslider
The Option Sight is great, my two big grips with it are that you can't adjust anything without loosening something and the oval housing on the Option 8 can be hard to see the bottom, so you have to get creative at long ranges.

I'll take a look for it.

If you take a look around, you'll notice that pretty much every 7 pin from spot hogg is sold out everywhere.
S&S Archery doesn't look sold out, nor does Sportsman's Warehouse, but there are other good sight options if those don't pan out.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Northpark

WKR
I’m using a CBE 3 pin right now. It’s not a spot hog quality wise but it does exactly what you want it to do. I use the bottom pin as my roving pin and set it at 40 yards giving me 20, 30, and 40 yard pins then I can dial for ranges past 40 yards. I’ve been out to 90 yards successfully with mine.

jmez

WKR
You can get a 5 pin slider from about any company that makes moveable sights. CBE, Spot Hogg, Option, Axcel, etc

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

The Option Sight is great, my two big grips with it are that you can't adjust anything without loosening something and the oval housing on the Option 8 can be hard to see the bottom, so you have to get creative at long ranges.
I really like my option sight too but I will second the complaint about everything being keyed down. I have the smaller version so I don’t have the issue losing the bottom of the housing but I do run out of space for my mover pin, especially when running a heavier arrow. That makes me want full housing movement like other sights.

Gumbo

WKR
Montana Black Gold makes 7 pin moveable sights, I actually run mine with 6 pins. Great sight, great customer service, simple and effective adjustments, very durable, bright pins.

PA Archer

FNG
2nd that on the Montana Black Gold Sight. I just got an ascent verdict in a 3 pin slider and really am digging it so far. I got a custom one from S&S archery with the top 2 pins being .019 and the bottom pin a .010 and like have the smaller pin for shooting a further distance. No complaints sighting it in and it is decently light weight. Love the pin set up and photochromatic fiber optic cover.

Jellymon1

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve started using a MBG 3 pin slider and setting them up for 30, 40, 50. Very clean sight picture which covers 90% of my hunting. At 20yds I aim a few inches low with my 30, and I can dial for anything over 50. Im liking it, It seems like I get on target Quicker with less thought.