Hybrid Broadhead for Elk

nowen22

FNG
The old design of gravediggers were awesome. This bull went 80 yards. Haven't loved their stuff since bloodsport got ahold of them though. Thinking about trying the GR micro hybrids this year after seeing Lusk's video.Elk Bhead hole.JPG

argatien

FNG
I was wondering about this all as well. This year we got my dad all set up with a bow for whitetail hunting here in Michigan. I got him with the muzzy trocar hbx. I liked the concept of them with two mech and two fixed blades. Might be worth a look.....I think they are 2 in cut. Hopefully get some use with them this fall and next year out west on an elk. Happy Hunting.

Beendare

WKR
I'm a fixed blade guy....but I would use a hybrid before I used an over the top mech head.

Regarding Evolution outdoors heads; Contact them...they will tell you. They sell direct so they can build a quality head and keep consumer prices down.

I can tell you in general what happens with these company products that get bought out by big roll up companies;

They milk the product for all its worth. The big outfit typically reduces manufacturing costs by using cheaper materials/ Ingredients.

So in the case of Grave digger and Slick tricks- two companies that were bought out in the last few years; they aren't the same as they were before....cheaper materials and manufacturing.

I think the one Evolution Outdoors ferrules is Titanium...that ain't cheap.

_____

I gotta say they look good. I'd be concerned about the Hyde however with the 2" blade trying to pass through a big boned Elk. I like the more conventional 2 blade with a bleeder. Probably going with the Day 6 broadhead and a fairly heavy arrow, most likely a Xtorsion SS with the with the ethics archery outserts and Sleeves.
My buddy has killed 3 monster bulls using the Hyde. No issues. One shot, fast kills. I would not hesitate to use one on an elk. If you are nervous, bump up to the 125 g SS Hydes for added strength. The Jekylls are sweet too, but I prefer these mechanicals on an elk and only these. Before using the Hyde's I would have stuck with fixed BH on elk.

DanimalW

WKR
Any thoughts on deadmeats? Thought they’d perform well with a more swept blade design. And even if they didn’t open, theyd still cut (a smaller hole).