Hydration Pack Pain help/run 'n gun setup

Shadow14

WKR
So Ive been experimenting with a lightweight minimal system for whitetail/turkey hunting. I got the Kifaru hydro harness and attached it to my chest rig. After only an hour or so, I start getting pain on top of my shoulders with only the 2L bladder in the back. I have never experience pain with just the chest rig or my bino harness. I would really like to utilize a water bladder. I envisioned just running a chest rig, bladder, and maybe a lumbar pack attached to the hydration pack. Figured this would be less cumbersome and easier to slip through the thick cover, but I cant quite find what I'm looking for. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix the shoulder pain or have any similar setups that work well? Maybe even a turkey vest with lumbar support? A backpack just seems too cumbersome and loud for most of my hunting scenarios. I have also considered the kifaru battle belt/rogan/hydration pack system but if I cant fix the shoulder pain, I dont think it will work.

Any help or ideas or pictures would be greatly appreciated!

You could check out the hill people gear tarahumara pack. The harness is different from kifaru and puts weight down towards your lumbar. I’ll be trying it out as a day hunt turkey pack this spring paired with the HPG chest kit

So Ive been experimenting with a lightweight minimal system for whitetail/turkey hunting. I got the Kifaru hydro harness and attached it to my chest rig. After only an hour or so, I start getting pain on top of my shoulders with only the 2L bladder in the back. I have never experience pain with just the chest rig or my bino harness. I would really like to utilize a water bladder. I envisioned just running a chest rig, bladder, and maybe a lumbar pack attached to the hydration pack. Figured this would be less cumbersome and easier to slip through the thick cover, but I cant quite find what I'm looking for. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix the shoulder pain or have any similar setups that work well? Maybe even a turkey vest with lumbar support? A backpack just seems too cumbersome and loud for most of my hunting scenarios. I have also considered the kifaru battle belt/rogan/hydration pack system but if I cant fix the shoulder pain, I dont think it will work.

Any help or ideas or pictures would be greatly appreciated!
I was thinking about a similar setup and was kind of worried about this problem. Right now im lookin into the marsupial hydro pack and then adding their yoke strap. It seems like it would be more comfortable than the kifaru. And I’m pretty sure it also attaches to a lumbar pack too