Hyke & Byke Snowmass vs. Outdoor Vitals Atlas Hybrid

BlackSS

FNG
Please comment if you have experience with both of these bags, looking at the 0 deg long variety. Really on a budget and not sure the OV is worth the extra $$, about $100 difference between these bags. I understand the OV is probably a little warmer but I think both will be warm enough for my application. Seem to be within a couple ounces of each other, neither of which is very light. Really wondering about quality and compressibility.

Will be used in Colorado, early November in a tipi. Hopefully with a stove but that is pending fire restrictions. I've hunted this area in a horse camp / wall tent with an 8 lb monstrosity of a sleeping bag - that thing won't even fit in my pack. hence I'm in the market for something different. Have had overnight lows 10-15 F.

Should I be considering the OV 15 degree instead of the 0?

AkRyan

WKR
Evey video I see of hyke and byke they handle the bags like they are made of glass. Makes me think they probably won't hold up well to hunting use but more of a hikers bag.

I have a hyke and bike Eolus 0 degree. Love it. I wouldn’t call it super durable, but I don’t actually hunt in mine. I just sleep in it.

Last edited: