Hyperlite Pods in non-Hyperlite packs?

RoJo

WKR
Have any of you used the Hyperlite Pods? I assume they are sized to fit Hyperlite packs specifically, but I was wondering if they might fit other packs. I just ordered one of the large ones to try out in my AMR, for the sleeping bag in the bottom of the pack. If it fits the bottom of the pack nicely, I might pick up another one or two, depending on how well and how much of my crap test-fits into the first one.

OP
RoJo

RoJo

WKR
I'll take that as a "no". :)

Is anyone interested in how it works out? I'll be glad to share the results if there is any interest...

I'd be curious on how they would work. Says on the website designed for there packs. Might work for others tho. Pm me your results if you don't mind

OP
RoJo

RoJo

WKR
The Hyperlite Pod arrived today. It is a "4400 LARGE" model. The first thing I did was stuff my Marmot 15* down bag into it. It took some work, but I got it in just fine. First off, the published specs for size on the website are a bit conservative. I found the actual stuffed size to be 14" wide (left to right), 10" deep (front to back), and about 8.5" high (top to bottom).

I was hoping it would fit snugly, but not too snugly, in the bottom of my Kifaru AMR bag. It is actually a bit loose, although it is a better fit than the sleeping bag's stuff sack or the dry bag I have been using, which both are longer than the AMR bag is wide, and push the sides of the AMR bag out some. The looseness is pretty even all the way around, which may not be a bad thing...especially if I have some long, narrow items I need to fit in the pack. It might be a perfect fit for a smaller bag.

My initial impression is that the quality is very good. I will probably go ahead and use it on a trip or two to see how it works out in the field. The jury is still out as to whether I will purchase more for other items like tent, clothes, and food, since they are rather pricey.

Apologies for the crappy photos, they were taken without flash and I'm too dang lazy to re-take.

WP_20170621_004.jpg

WP_20170621_005.jpg

WP_20170621_006.jpg

32015aa8-4959-4551-9237-65367f374a27.jpg

Last edited: