I always settle low when aiming

aaen

Lil-Rokslider
You might consider adjusting your draw length a bit.

For me, collapsing my shoulder was a form issue, along with having my DL 1/2 short.

Things I did it was:

Increase DL 1/2.

Consciously extended shoulder and position my bow hand in a way that helped put a bend my bow arm slightly.

Weight training exercise to increase strength and mobility.

Nightly practice focusing on proper form.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Yeah I tried that previously the additional 1/2 inch was to much, I was literally to stretched out I could shoot it but I don't like having my bow arm straight out, I like a slight bend. So I adjusted the d-loop so it was in btw. Seems to be the best for me at the moment.

My shoulder collapsing, was due to being lazy and not settling in properly/rushing the shots, ie pointing my bow directly at the target and drawing back, with my bow arm down. I'm training myself out of that, to draw level with my arms slightly above at the start of the draw so my shoulders come down into proper alignment l and I'm in a T form, Then I bend at the waist and focus on not dropping the arm. When I do this I shoot well.

Today, I was shooting groups say 6-8inches at 80 yds. Lost an arrow though when I got lazy and dropped my arm and it skipped off the ground into the grass. I need to find a better spot to shoot with a back drop. It's coming though, be a couple more weeks.of working on foot position, hips, shoulders and it'll be back to normal and second nature.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kcm2

WKR
Great thread. After reading some of the comments, I tweaked my form a bit. Laser guided shooting Saturday, hitting what I wanted to out to 50 yards with regularity. Thanks for the tips.

1sickLT1

FNG
I have just recently noticed that I'm having this issue as well. When I try bringing the sight picture back up, it feels like the bow weights 50lbs.
I'm going to give the video a watch and see if I can't beat this.
Thank you Billy Goat for the recommendation!

PaBone

Lil-Rokslider
I think every archer should learn to shoot a hinge and shoot it well, may take a years until your really comfortable with one. Once you learn to only focus on the target and just subconsciously know your pin is there and not think about your release, it won't matter what release you use your going to be a better shot. Once you start trying to push your pin up, down or sideways and start thinking about squeezing your release when your pin is close your done. Train your mind to only concentrate on your target, allow your pin to float on the target and tension your release until you execute your shot.

406unltd

WKR
That’s tp. Hitting behind the pin is the goal. You gotta just trust that the target is there even though you can’t see it.. I remember that feeling and to get over it I just told myself that if I don’t cover it up I won’t hit it. Or if I see it when the shot breaks I won’t hit it. Either way it’s all mental. Typical archery issue.

S.Clancy

WKR
It happens to me at the end of a session when my brace arm is tired. Yours sounds like one of the many forms of target panic. I'd suggest group shooting bareshafts at 10 or 20 yards, focus on form and the shot, that's what I do at least when I start to get a lil punchy