I am new to pellet grills, which is the best one?

WallySegap

My son has the CampChef Woodwind with the sidekick and likes it. Also having an issue with rust on the front even though he keeps it covered and only a year old +/-.

Matthaias

I live next to a Home Depot so Traeger for me. I got it to make summer sausage and smoke bigger cuts of meat. Smoked venison burgers are really good on it.

Mike D Texas

Prices are anywhere from reasonable to OMG! What is your budget and what are your goals?

Lots of good points made so far. There’s a lot to consider depending on your conditions and wants/needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BDRam16

I have a PitBoss and so far it’s been a great unit. Does have the option to open the sear plate in the middle for a “direct flame” but it would only be the middle 1/3 of the grille. Doing a backstrap at 225* until rare and then opening the sear plate for a nice char on each side has been the absolute best medium rare deer steaks I’ve ever had.

CB1

I got one from zgrills with their Halloween surprise thing. It’s not super fancy but price was good and seems to work well enough for me. If you want a basic one I’d recommend it, more bells and whistles I’d look elsewhere, or the higher end models which I don’t have.

rsw669961

I too have a zgrill. Not fancy but works great. I like using the competition blend pellets. I get the ones at tractor supply.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Reactions: CB1