I believe Im all set up...

nhyrum

Lil-Rokslider
It's pretty easy to get caught up in the "how much more money could I have spent" game.

Something you'll find out pretty quick is, you'll find what works for you and what doesn't, a setup that works for one person, isn't for, well, really anyone else. You'll find that you want/need certain features, and certain features you thought you'd need, you don't. I've got a 1000 dollar scale, and like a 10 buck (Lee) hand primer. I've looked, a lot, into the 21st century one. The good thing is, sticking to well known and respected brands, should you want to change, say in a year you want to get the a&d, it will be easy to sell your chargemaster, for a decent sum compared to what you bought it for.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

MeatBuck

WKR
What size do you use and for what tools?
If you’re asking about nutserts I don’t have mine set up that way but have been thinking about it. For now it’s just 1/4” bolt n nut. Haven’t found it to be too in the way yet but as I add to my bench in the future I think I’ll do the nutserts to get that bit of space back. There’s a pic in the reloading bench pics thread.

nhyrum

Lil-Rokslider
I'd prefer a t track over nutserts personally. I assume nutserts are a nut (or other threaded piece of steel) pressed or otherwise imbedded in the top of your bench (top meaning the top piece, not necessarily the top surface) I don't think that would be a bad way to go, I just think a t track would be more versatile. I recently had to severely reduce my reloading room size, so I get the space struggle

A t track would be more involved to put in though
Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

mvrk28

WKR
If you’re trying to have multi use areas on your bench check out inline fabs quick change plate. I run ultra mounts on my presses besides the Frankford M-Press, that runs on a quick change which I also use for my shotgun loader, vice, harbor freight chop saw for 300 AAC brass among other things. That little plate is a game changer for a bench.

OP
B

bamagun

FNG
If you’re trying to have multi use areas on your bench check out inline fabs quick change plate. I run ultra mounts on my presses besides the Frankford M-Press, that runs on a quick change which I also use for my shotgun loader, vice, harbor freight chop saw for 300 AAC brass among other things. That little plate is a game changer for a bench.

Yeah, they look pretty useful.. I picked up two bases and a few plates a couple weeks ago. If I end up liking them Ill pick up some more because they can be applied for alot of other things I do..

Damn man.. you really dove in.

Keep in mind that 5 or 6 years ago chargemasters were a luxury for lots of folks. It’s all I’ve ever used and hasn't held me back but I am about 4 weeks into my 8 week lead time for the full A&D auto throw setup.

If you only have a week to get load work up done id concentrate on what Brass/powder/bullet/primer setup you want to start with. It’s easy to lose sight of the goal and start trying everything without really developing anything.

OP
B

bamagun

FNG
Damn man.. you really dove in.

Keep in mind that 5 or 6 years ago chargemasters were a luxury for lots of folks. It’s all I’ve ever used and hasn't held me back but I am about 4 weeks into my 8 week lead time for the full A&D auto throw setup.

If you only have a week to get load work up done id concentrate on what Brass/powder/bullet/primer setup you want to start with. It’s easy to lose sight of the goal and start trying everything without really developing anything.

Preciate the words. And yeah, I tried to get stuff I wouldnt want to upgrade away from in the future. How I did will play out over time I guess. Like everything, everyone has good and bad experiences with each piece of equipment, and since reloading takes so many parts and pieces, its been tough to be confident in alot of those purchases. Hopefully the learning curve using this stuff is smoother than the purchasing part. I think Ill be starting with ADG brass/62gn of RL26 (69 grains in a Rem case is the load I was given)/CCI250/180vld (a thousanths off) and work up to around 68 or 69 grains hopefully and get a little over 3k. Since I dont have a ton of time Im thinking about picking up a wilson bullet seater to take to the range in case I have to play around with seating depth