I blame you guys

7mag.

WKR
My wife gave me some cash to spend for Father's Day, and I ended up ordering a pair of Kuiu Attack pants and a few Kifaru pullouts. I never intended to get caught up in buying expensive top of the line technical gear, but now that my Attack pants shipped a few days ago, I find myself waiting impatiently. The Kifaru order won't ship for a couple more weeks, and that is killing me too. Thanks a lot you guys.

muleman

WKR
You're welcome;)
I have seldom been disappointed with high quality products. On the other hand, I have frequently been disappointed with inferior products and then find that I end up purchasing the better item later. The lesson I've learned is that when I buy crap I end up paying more!

Last edited:

Hardstalk

WKR
A wise man once told me "when it comes to hunting gear buy what you can afford. Then sell it and buy the best there is"

OP
7mag.

7mag.

WKR
The mail just came, and my Attack pants was with it. I am very pleased. Extremely comfortable, and fit perfectly. I am a bit surprised at how light weight they are, they don't seem very durable, but all the reviews I've read praise their durability. They also have a more athletic fit than I expected. I got the belt too, and like it. I am going to have to order some more Kuiu gear, now that I see the quality.

tstowater

WKR
Run Forest run. Don't look back. Either suck it up and order more or burn what you got and erase the satisfaction of them from your memory. By the way, my father's day Guide vest to myself showed up today. Happy father's day to me!!

dotman

WKR
The mail just came, and my Attack pants was with it. I am very pleased. Extremely comfortable, and fit perfectly. I am a bit surprised at how light weight they are, they don't seem very durable, but all the reviews I've read praise their durability. They also have a more athletic fit than I expected. I got the belt too, and like it. I am going to have to order some more Kuiu gear, now that I see the quality.

It really sounds like you received my order, exact same items!

BrentC

FNG
My vest, attack pants, and hat came in really love he pants but was hoping the vest would of been a bit longer in the front, but still really like the vest. I'm now trying to talk myself out of a spindrift before the sale is over.

Mike7

WKR
I have one pair of grey attack pants that were so good looking, comfortable, and wrinkle free, that I was wearing them all of the time. When the sale came out, my wife practically begged me to get another pair of solids, so that the first ones could be washed. She didn't have to tell me twice. I've been wearing the first pair on casual days at the office even.

I have major brown attacks coming for the second pair from the sale so that they can do multi-duty (hunting, casual, backpacking, etc.).

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Mike7, I agree completely. The Attacks are more than hunting pants. I have them on all the time as well.

Yukondog

WKR
Yes, welcome to high end gear. I have learned as well it is more expensive to buy cheaper gear than jump straight into the good stuff. I'm hopeful my KUIU, DT1, Montbell, Exped etc swag I've gathered over this past year will last me a long long time. I expect fully that it will as I baby my gear. Still waiting on enough cabelas points to pick up some EL's. $2,500 is easier to swallow when it comes off points. Need 1k more in points and gift cards to make it happen.

Matt

Yukondog

WKR
And Mtn light Hanwag boots. Beside, I was told if you get all this stuff your chances of killing P&Y animals goes thru the roof. Right? Haha

OP
7mag.

7mag.

WKR
I remember as a kid, I would head out with my cheap army surplus jungle boots, army surplus wool pants, my only coat, and my rifle. That is what hunting was to me. Now, over the years, I have spent more money than I care to think about, with Swarovksi, Kenetrek, Under Armour, Mystery Ranch, Nimrod, Leupold, Garmin, and now Kuiu. As well as other expensive pieces that I can't think of right now. I'm a cheap ass, so I hate the fact that this gear is so much better than the cheap stuff. I have a hard time buying something that is not the best. It feels like a waste of money if I buy cheaper gear.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I feel your pain 7mag, if it wasn't for this site and eastmans, I would have been perfectly content being a "cabelas" hunter. I never would have heard of kuiu(which I am on list for a bunch of stuff) or kifaru etc... This sport has gotten expensive for me. It also has opened my eyes to the finer things in life :)

OP
7mag.

7mag.

WKR
Maybe I'm getting older. I don't like cheap beer any more, and I refuse to drink cheap whiskey. I can't remember the last time I bought a pair of boots that cost less than $200. Ten years ago, if you would have told me I would be spending this kind of money on hunting gear, I would have laughed, now I'm trying to figure out how to afford to buy more.