I drew Arizona antelope unit 3A, now what?

jeffpg

WKR
Hey fellas,

I hail from Mississippi but I get around out west quite a bit on big game hunts, etc. I have successfully DIY hunted goats on 3 different occasions over the past 8 years and have a decent idea of how to go about it, but I have zero information on the unit that I have drawn. I'm good to go with any camping & hunting gear and weaponry, etc. but I sort of need a good starting place with which to plan my hunt.

My tag is good for Oct 2 - Oct 11. Does anyone possibly have any information that can get me kickstarted?

I happen to have some excellent bowhunting for spring wild turkey and trophy Axis deer on 5000 acres in west Texas to offer if that is any encouragement to you to be of assistance.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

Last edited:

Blackcats06

Lil-Rokslider
Only pronghorn in the unit what other species of animal will he find farther west?

Huh? There are elk and deer in the western part of the unit. Both are required to draw though. I'm sure I didn't answer your question so if I didn't could you ask again

MattB

WKR
The AZ G&F has recommendations on their website as to where to hunt what species within a given unit. Much to the chagrin of many, they tend to be pretty reliable.

I would show up 5 days early and cover unit Best you can. You could also reach out to a couple local guides for a scouting package if you don’t have the time to scout prior to hunt. AZ Ant tags are tough to draw for residents and non with most putting in the time to make most of opportunity.