I gots the Covid.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Couldn’t that be said about any illness or ailment that has happened to any one?
Yep. My dad smoked a pipe most of his adult life by his choice. He died at 86 with severe COPD caused by the smoking. His lung function was right around 13% before he died. The pulmonologist told us two years earlier that if he was younger, we'd be talking lung transplant. He pretty much suffocated himself through his last days. Well, I see no difference in that than any of these Covid deaths. We all make decisions and choices in life, and those can benefit us or hurt us, but they're our choices........at least our health choices used to be ours.

Yep. My dad smoked a pipe most of his adult life by his choice. He died at 86 with severe COPD caused by the smoking. His lung function was right around 13% before he died. The pulmonologist told us two years earlier that if he was younger, we'd be talking lung transplant. He pretty much suffocated himself through his last days. Well, I see no difference in that than any of these Covid deaths. We all make decisions and choices in life, and those can benefit us or hurt us, but they're our choices........at least our health choices used to be ours.

If you worked in the health care profession, especially ICU, I’m sure you’d see a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattB

WKR
But it's a 99.997% survival rate dude!
Haha, I love how people know who to trust and then spout that sort of complete BS, indicating that they trust people who are full of $#!+.

I've asked a couple of COVID anti- vaxers where they got that statistic and none has been willing to post up a source.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
If you worked in the health care profession, especially ICU, I’m sure you’d see a difference.
Why? Death is death.

And I'm wondering.......with heart disease still being the #1 cause of death in the U.S., do they just not end up in the ICU as much as Covid deaths do?

MattB

WKR
Not sure the exact rate but it is very high. Games with numbers.

On a percentage basis for fatality and severe outcomes it is quite low. It is a novel virus in a naïve population. That gives low percentages with high raw numbers. That gives a jaded view, to both sides, of the problem.

Health care workers get to see every fatality and every severe outcome. They don't see any of the scores of people that have little more than a cold.

Non health care workers don't see the people that die or the severe outcomes. They see and interact with the people that have little more than a cold.

It is like the "hunter number" argument. Numbers are way down across the board but way up in the west.
The most reliable data I have seen (Johns Hopkins) puts the case fatality rate for COVID at about 1.6%. I have no doubt that the actual rate is lower than that as there are many people who have asymptomatic or mild cases and did not get tested and as such are not in the denominator.

But to claim a survival rate of 99.997%? That math simply cannot work and anyone with a 4th grade education should intuitively know that. The US has had ~800K COVID deaths to date out of ~50M confirmed cases (1.6%). For the quoted survival rate to be true, the US would have to have had 26 billion COVID cases.

Moserkr

WKR
Haha, I love how people know who to trust and then spout that sort of complete BS, indicating that they trust people who are full of $#!+.

I've asked a couple of COVID anti- vaxers where they got that statistic and none has been willing to post up a source.
You’re a peach.
Its easy math @MattB 1,000,000 deaths divided by a population of 330,000,000 = 99.997% survival rate. But hey, fact checked myself with links cause you’re lazy and cant do math apparently?

805,013 deaths as of today.
332,970,313 population as of today.
99.75% survival rate. (Fixed for 5mile)

Do i need to link a calculator too and how to do the maths??

Now to really blow your mind - ITS ALMOST A 2 YEAR AVERAGE NOW!!!! Come march you can cut that average in half and its going to be 99.999%. Questions?

I trust math. Not Joe Rogan, not CNN, and not Brandon or his girlfriend Fauci.

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"

It depends on how you define it. If you just take the number of "reported" Covid deaths in the U.S. over the last two years compared to the U.S. population total, that number isn't as ridiculous as it might look.......it's closer to 99.8%. But if you take the number of deaths compared to the number of "reported" positive cases, it's closer to 98.6%. The problem though with that number is it doesn't take into account all those cases of Covid that were never reported or even tested for, so that survival percentage number would be higher than 98.6%.

fwafwow

WKR
Not sure the exact rate but it is very high. Games with numbers.

On a percentage basis for fatality and severe outcomes it is quite low. It is a novel virus in a naïve population. That gives low percentages with high raw numbers. That gives a jaded view, to both sides, of the problem.

Health care workers get to see every fatality and every severe outcome. They don't see any of the scores of people that have little more than a cold.

Non health care workers don't see the people that die or the severe outcomes. They see and interact with the people that have little more than a cold.

It is like the "hunter number" argument. Numbers are way down across the board but way up in the west.
Sorry, I should have put in the sarcasm emoji (if one exists). I feel like a broken record (and I'm sure some other members feel the same) on these C-19 threads. The result of getting the virus is not just a binary outcome, so quoting the survival rate is of limited value. And I wonder how many people think they are without any comorbidities - but they have one that hasn't yet been diagnosed?

fwafwow

WKR

I think you and I have been on enough of these threads that you are not talking about me and know that my post was tongue in cheek.

Moserkr

WKR
5miles gets it. Going off reported cases is half assed. Its simple population vs deaths. To assume 250m people have not been exposed at all is naïve. Everyone has likely been exposed by now. Most people I know are on round 2. Im most likely an asymptomatic person as my wife was sick in Feb 2020 and lost her sense of smell. No other signs but that. Me? Nothing. Short of licking doorknobs, Im not trying to avoid it. Shaking hands is a test now. No mask. No distancing. I dont live in fear. If I get any illness and die, then its my time. I refuse to lose freedom for myself or others in the guise of safety. Mask and vax is your choice, not mine.

You’re a peach.
Its easy math @MattB 1,000,000 deaths divided by a population of 330,000,000 = 99.997% survival rate. But hey, fact checked myself with links cause you’re lazy and cant do math apparently?

Now to really blow your mind - ITS ALMOST A 2 YEAR AVERAGE NOW!!!! Come march you can cut that average in half and its going to be 99.999%. Questions?

Your math is right but your language is wrong. "Survival Rate" means people who don't die who have actually had the disease. The survival rate of decapitation is 100%...if you aren't decapitated. And the death rate of decapitation is 100%...if you are decapitated. 😁

fwafwow

WKR
So the current tangential math argument is whether the survival rate is somewhere between 98.6% and 99.99799.7%? Deaths divided by reported cases omits unreported cases and understates survival, and deaths divided by total population assumes everyone has had the disease/been exposed and overstates survival. But are we arguing about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

MattB

WKR
You’re a peach.

That is not how the math works, sorry. You have the numerator correct (or at least as correct as we can reasonably get), but you swung and missed on the denominator by assuming every American has had COVID. That is simply not true.

Reactions: 307

Moserkr

WKR
That is not how the math works, sorry. You have the numerator correct (or at least as correct as we can reasonably get), but you swung and missed on the denominator by assuming every American has had COVID. That is simply not true.
You assume every case has been reported. I refer to fawfwow above and below. Wasted enough time here today. Going to go make a dollar, spend a dollar, and shake some hands.
So the current tangential math argument is whether the survival rate is somewhere between 98.6% and 99.99799.7%? Deaths divided by reported cases omits unreported cases and understates survival, and deaths divided by total population assumes everyone has had the disease/been exposed and overstates survival. But are we arguing about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

BGnight

FNG
We are here because roughly half of the US and our neighbors decided that the things you do to limit the effect of a pandemic were actually a conspiracy, and each new and entirely predictable event is because we still have people refusing to wear a mask
Masks have been proven useless over and over, study after study. And it IS a "conspiracy". Literally everything about this scamdemic is for money, political power, destroying the middle class, and taking freedoms away. I'm absolutely amazed at how much blue pilling is in a hunting forum.

WKR
You assume every case has been reported. I refer to fawfwow above and below. Wasted enough time here today. Going to go make a dollar, spend a dollar, and shake some hands.
In other words, you realize that your snarky response contained significant errors, but you're not willing to admit you were wrong.

Got it.