I gots the Covid.

I just had it in August, took the advice of doctors that were being doctors and kicked the major symptoms in a few days. The stuff that FLCCC has up was useful for us. Good luck.

Yoder

WKR
The only way to truly cure covid is to stop getting tested for it. We all need to realize this is never going away and everyone on the planet is going to get it eventually. I'm not a conspiracy theory nut job that thinks the government put nano bots in the vaccines. I know a lot of people who were vaccinated and none of them had an issue. I just think the vaccine is not necessary and is an extra risk I can avoid. I also don't trust the media and the government to care about my best interest, only money and power.

If anyone is interested here is a great website. These are actual doctors who will prescribe Ivermectin, Monoclonal antibodies and other drugs to help you get better if you get covid. These doctors belong to a group that treated Joe Rogan. If you go to your local doctor or the ER they will tell you to take Tylenol, wait until you are about to die and come back.

sndmn11

WKR
I wish that in instances where people get corona after being vaccinated, they were also I'm.ediately tested to learn if they have antibodies. That would tell us if the vaccine didn't take hold, or if the virus overcame it.

The next step would be regular antibody testing.

My household caught it in July 2020. I have a severe autoimmune disease and my doctor told me to NOT get vaccinated until I no longer had antibodies. We tested bi-weekly and the antibodiesasted until the end of August 2021. Then I grabbed the vaccine.

It would be really interesting to have learned from folks who double corona-ed like @Laramie and @Ucsdryder if on their second sickeness they had antibodies that were beat, or their antibodies were gone.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Yes, I used to be you. But at 59 this virus is the devil. It is a no shit situation to some when you get it.
Just like the flu, yes it can be a no crap situation "to some" when they get it. I'm 56 and have asthma. I've had Covid twice now. The first time was all the flu symptoms.....fever, headache, muscle and joint pain, eye pain, lethargic, etc. But it also included chest pain that lasted for months. Even had a CT scan because of that.......which showed nothing. About six months after I got that bout, the pain disappeared. The next month I got Covid again. That time was nothing except for that same chest pain.......which I still have four months later now.

I also lost my taste and smell from last December's bout. That is still hit and miss but mostly miss, and totally random. Got a skunk in the trap several weeks ago that sprayed and it was horrendous. A few days later the trash folks picked up the trash and I went out to put the bins away. I couldn't smell skunk at all.......even putting my head in the bin. The next day I could fully smell it just walking past the bin. That's how messed up this smell and taste thing is.

Am I high risk because of the asthma? Sure. Do I have lingering symptoms? Yes. But I'm still unvaccinated and I don't give Covid a second thought.....even with the chest pain and loss of taste and smell. I can remember having the flu one year where my fever was so high, that I was delirious in bed and lost 17 pounds in three days. That virus was miserable.

My mom turned 90 last December and never wore a mask through all this Covid. Then she got the vaccination earlier this year and was perfectly healthy until four days after the second shot and went into the hospital with what they said was pneumonia. The antibiotics did nothing for it and a couple days later she was dead. I'm willing to bet that if she could have a do over, that she would have refused getting the vaccine.

BUT......I'm a firm believer in freedom, and the right to make our own decisions about things that might affect our own health. So I will never condemn someone else for getting the vaccine, or isolating themselves, or wearing 10 masks, etc........those are all choices that they should be able to make on their own. But I also expect the same consideration from others about MY choices. That's the bottom line.

4rcgoat

WKR
Just like the flu, yes it can be a no crap situation "to some" when they get it. I'm 56 and have asthma. I've had Covid twice now. The first time was all the flu symptoms.....fever, headache, muscle and joint pain, eye pain, lethargic, etc. But it also included chest pain that lasted for months. Even had a CT scan because of that.......which showed nothing. About six months after I got that bout, the pain disappeared. The next month I got Covid again. That time was nothing except for that same chest pain.......which I still have four months later now.

I also lost my taste and smell from last December's bout. That is still hit and miss but mostly miss, and totally random. Got a skunk in the trap several weeks ago that sprayed and it was horrendous. A few days later the trash folks picked up the trash and I went out to put the bins away. I couldn't smell skunk at all.......even putting my head in the bin. The next day I could fully smell it just walking past the bin. That's how messed up this smell and taste thing is.

Am I high risk because of the asthma? Sure. Do I have lingering symptoms? Yes. But I'm still unvaccinated and I don't give Covid a second thought.....even with the chest pain and loss of taste and smell. I can remember having the flu one year where my fever was so high, that I was delirious in bed and lost 17 pounds in three days. That virus was miserable.

My mom turned 90 last December and never wore a mask through all this Covid. Then she got the vaccination earlier this year and was perfectly healthy until four days after the second shot and went into the hospital with what they said was pneumonia. The antibiotics did nothing for it and a couple days later she was dead. I'm willing to bet that if she could have a do over, that she would have refused getting the vaccine.

BUT......I'm a firm believer in freedom, and the right to make our own decisions about things that might affect our own health. So I will never condemn someone else for getting the vaccine, or isolating themselves, or wearing 10 masks, etc........those are all choices that they should be able to make on their own. But I also expect the same consideration from others about MY choices. That's the bottom line.
Very sorry to hear about your mother,absolutely agree with everything you're saying.

Yoder

WKR
All of you “Covid is no big deal” people obviously aren’t coffee drinkers. I just poured myself a jet black cup and it might as well have been water. I cried a little bit.
That sucks man. Look at it as an opportunity to lose weight. If I couldn't taste anything I would be really sad and 40lbs lighter. There would be no reason to eat ice cream anymore.

MJB

WKR
I've had it twice, second time I didn't know it until a few weeks later
My mom's nursing home had 14 bed ridden residents get it they all were vax and all lived.

Good Luck! I had it during elk season, killed a bull with it in full effect. Packed elk out for two days no real issues. Funny, when I got back to civilization and know you have it is when you think about it. For me, the cough hung around for awhile, then it just stopped.

It's weird shit, don't know your 'VAX Status" but everyone I know who was vaxed except 1 person didn't really have issues. On the flip side, everyone I know who had it, and wasn't vaxed, only 1 had issues. Go figure.

Fatcamp

WKR
Most of our hospitalized patients with covid are unvaccinated. Some are though.

I'm done. Applied to OR. Two years of this ship is enough for me.

Actual_Cryptid

Lil-Rokslider
A lot of folks doing the "just a flu/no worse than the flu" make me think they've never had the flu. Not the "I got a bad cold cough cough sniffle" but the "sweating in bed, passed out in the bathroom, vivid nightmares and watching my temperature because I might need an ER" flu. Flu kills a bunch of people every year too, only not as many when we were masking up and keeping distant. Almost like the stuff that helps reduce the spread of one respiratory illness works on other respiratory illnesses as well.

Ivermectin doesn't work. It's not an antiviral, the initial study was retracted and subsequent studies have confirmed no effect. The Front Line Doctors are grifters, and they're making bank off of it. https://theintercept.com/2021/09/28/covid-telehealth-hydroxychloroquine-ivermectin-hacked/

I have a personal vendetta against the COVID grifters because so many of them were also rattling the windows shouting about how ebola and MERS were each going to be the death of civilization, or even early on in March 2020saying "there will be only lone survivors" only to pivot to "it's just a flu" and now to selling snake oil. Their garbage killed several nurses I know, a couple who were in college with me.

I wish you the best. It nearly killed my dad. Twice in fact. He was hospitalized twice, had to be intubed for 72 hours and spent several months on supplementary oxygen. He's just now getting to the point where he can climb a set of stairs without resting after about 6 months. In that time, the blood clots it was causing in his lungs required a blood thinner. It's not a joke, and that list of "preexisting conditions" people like to scoff at includes conditions caused by the disease like the aforementioned blood clots in the lungs, pulmonary stress. Rest up, if it passes by you without issue great. Don't spread it to your family in the coming weeks though.

ODB

WKR
I wish that in instances where people get corona after being vaccinated, they were also I'm.ediately tested to learn if they have antibodies. That would tell us if the vaccine didn't take hold, or if the virus overcame it.

The next step would be regular antibody testing.

My household caught it in July 2020. I have a severe autoimmune disease and my doctor told me to NOT get vaccinated until I no longer had antibodies. We tested bi-weekly and the antibodiesasted until the end of August 2021. Then I grabbed the vaccine.

It would be really interesting to have learned from folks who double corona-ed like @Laramie and @Ucsdryder if on their second sickeness they had antibodies that were beat, or their antibodies were gone.

There are a ton of nuances like this that our health professionals are ignoring.

i have learned a LOT about the vaccines and what I see with the mRNA is that they do a very good job of getting your body to make VERY specific antibody that only matches one profile of the Covid spike, but not a very wide array of variants. Post Covid immunity seems to create a wider variety of antibodies that match more spike protein profiles because the spike proteins it is reacting to are not perfect like the mRNA info. That seems to be why people vaxxed earlier are getting Covid as the antibody profile is very narrow.

Lots of articles on the Lancet with good info.

i no longer see the vax as a true vax but simply a way to quickly boost antibodies in the hopes it catches enough Covid spike proteins to lessen severity. After these specific antibodies wane, you are at risk again. Post Covid immunity does seem to be wider and more durable. To the point even Switzerland recognizes a recovered case as equal to a fully vaxxed person. We do not do that here. Too much politics.

OP
rclouse79

rclouse79

WKR
Interesting
Agreed, the weekly “I have COVID look at me” threads are getting old.
Interesting, I have chosen to not read most Covid posts and have not responded to a single one. I was just throwing out that my hunting plans may be impacted by an illness because I was bored. I don’t feel sorry for people who don’t have the will power to keep scrolling past topics they are not interested in. I am happy to annoy those that not only must open threads they don’t like, but also feel a strange compulsion to reply.

Actual_Cryptid

Lil-Rokslider
I don't know how true the 'doesn't work on variants' claim is, based on the studies so far the vaccines still have a pretty good immunity against the variant strains. Notably however, to get post-COVID immunity you have to first get and survive COVID, which carries both the risk of death but also long-term health effects far outstripping the risks of the vaccine.

And of course, the vaccines also reduce both the severity and the mortality of breakthrough cases. https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2786039

Advocating for post-COVID immunity in lieu of a vaccine is a sideways way of saying "you need to get the disease to avoid the disease."