I gots the Covid.

ODB

WKR
I don't know how true the 'doesn't work on variants' claim is, based on the studies so far the vaccines still have a pretty good immunity against the variant strains. Notably however, to get post-COVID immunity you have to first get and survive COVID, which carries both the risk of death but also long-term health effects far outstripping the risks of the vaccine.

And of course, the vaccines also reduce both the severity and the mortality of breakthrough cases. https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2786039

Advocating for post-COVID immunity in lieu of a vaccine is a sideways way of saying "you need to get the disease to avoid the disease."

if you are inferring I am suggesting people have a Covid party to get sick, you are incorrect. That’s not what I said at all. Nor do I suggest it.

What I said is there is a dearth of nuanced reporting - just one big hammer of a story - Vax vax vax forever.

when you have a kid who is 15, has already had Covid (6 weeks ago) and the scientific community acts as though that sickness imparted zero benefit…we have a problem. it makes it very difficult to make a decision as a parent when the answer is always one thing with no opportunity to interrogate what is best.

In the lancet articles there are suggestions that someone post Covid should perhaps get only a single shot, since the sickness itself in effect was at least a first shot. There are also other studies that show a longer period between shots provides a more durable effect - especially for kids to help prevent the heart issues that arise after the 2nd shot.

You shouldn’t be hearing about these things on Rokslide. They are in well-respected medical journals. It’s just that politics is driving (and ruining) everything so they don’t make it to the evening news.

inyago

FNG
One can hardly call this crap everyone's shooting up a vaccine, when it appears more and more so-called
vaxed people are being infected and re infected..
And is it effecting our natural immune system, long term..
I don't know what's been done in America but here in nz,d the government has been paying people to
take the so called vaccine.. McDonalds, Kentucky fried, supermarket vouchers[200$] a community
by me got $500 each, if it is so safe why do they have to pay people..

Actual_Cryptid

Lil-Rokslider
One can hardly call this crap everyone's shooting up a vaccine, when it appears more and more so-called
vaxed people are being infected and re infected..
And is it effecting our natural immune system, long term..
I don't know what's been done in America but here in nz,d the government has been paying people to
take the so called vaccine.. McDonalds, Kentucky fried, supermarket vouchers[200$] a community
by me got $500 each, if it is so safe why do they have to pay people..
How do you think it's effecting the immune system in the long term, and based on what?

We have to pay people because people like the Front Line Doctors are busy lying about it and trying to simultaneously scare people off the preventative measures and sell ineffective treatments. A lie travels around the world before truth wakes up and eats it breakfast.

Actual_Cryptid

Lil-Rokslider
if you are inferring I am suggesting people have a Covid party to get sick, you are incorrect. That’s not what I said at all. Nor do I suggest it.

What I said is there is a dearth of nuanced reporting - just one big hammer of a story - Vax vax vax forever.

when you have a kid who is 15, has already had Covid (6 weeks ago) and the scientific community acts as though that sickness imparted zero benefit…we have a problem. it makes it very difficult to make a decision as a parent when the answer is always one thing with no opportunity to interrogate what is best.

In the lancet articles there are suggestions that someone post Covid should perhaps get only a single shot, since the sickness itself in effect was at least a first shot. There are also other studies that show a longer period between shots provides a more durable effect - especially for kids to help prevent the heart issues that arise after the 2nd shot.

You shouldn’t be hearing about these things on Rokslide. They are in well-respected medical journals. It’s just that politics is driving (and ruining) everything so they don’t make it to the evening news.
I didn't realize I was talking to a doctor. I don't maintain a subscription to the Lancet. Frankly, it wouldn't serve me any purpose. An article in The Lancet can be thought provoking, but it's not definitive. As a physician, I assume, when you read these articles you know that they're intended to present an opinion or report on a course of action and generate discussion and consideration. From that, as I assume you're well aware, other studies can be completed, analyses of existing data, and then on a review a new course of action can be determined if supported by the data. Everything is risk-based, because the important parts of science and medicine are ensuring that a physician isn't exposing the patient to more risk.

So if you're reading these articles in full as an expert I would assume you know this stuff, and you know why one article in The Lancet doesn't result in an immediate change in protocols for everyone, and why the news isn't just reading off every article in the Lancet. It's bad enough when the news reports on studies with the titles chosen by marketing experts. Turns "Compound X kills cells in a petri dish better than placebo" into "Could Compound X be a new cancer cure? Watch these adds for expensive vitamins you don't need for more!"

OP
rclouse79

rclouse79

WKR
Wow, this will be the last time I look for a cheap “get well soon and good luck on your hunt.” I should have thought ahead and avoided using the C word. I am sure no one would be fighting if I said my elk hunt was going to be a challenge while battling a massive case of double pink eye. I might have even got a good joke about my hunting partner farting on my pillow.

dpat

FNG
My wife has dealt with breast cancer this year she got the vax before being diagnosed. She had surgery twice chemo etc. got her booster as soon as they came out because of compromised immune system. She then went to her pre-op appt for her last surgery two weeks ago part of that is to test for Covid she came back positive thankfully without any symptoms but because of the positive test her surgery was canceled and put off to after the 1st of the year.
She was extra careful with everything she was dealing with this year got all the shots and still tested positive. Not having any of the symptoms may be because she had the shots we don't know but its frustrating that she tested positive after doing everything one is supposed to do NOT to get it. We have friends who have done nothing different and not caught covid so who knows what's right and what's not anymore.

Actual_Cryptid

Lil-Rokslider
Speaking of ineffective medicine...don't forget your booster.
Already got it. Got my TDAP booster a couple years back too. Get a flu shot every year, because the viruses that cause influenza mutate more rapidly.

If this new antivax Google university wave continues I might need to get a polio vaccine to go with my smallpox scar. I'd get a smallpox booster if my doctor would sign off but he just tells me to lose weight and keep an eye on the asthma.

But hey it looks like there might be more boosters coming, cuz two now the whitetails have it so there's a nice natural reservoir. Gosh it's like all those pandemic response protocols we spent a century developing needed to be implemented nationwide to prevent something like this from happening.

inyago

FNG
Front line docs are not lying, the government has threatened their employment in this country some are
speaking out the rest are walking on eggshells..
Who the eff are politicians to be running this pandemic, are they doctors now..
Do you have an inkling how many trillions of $$$ are involved..
Pfizer is the most fined, company in the world, and i see they have just settled another one of their stuffups
involving people in Nigeria 2nd one i know of..Really nice people you trust..
Any way its too involved for a few lines on an archery forum..

awasome

Lil-Rokslider
Wow, this will be the last time I look for a cheap “get well soon and good luck on your hunt.” I should have thought ahead and avoided using the C word. I am sure no one would be fighting if I said my elk hunt was going to be a challenge while battling a massive case of double pink eye. I might have even got a good joke about my hunting partner farting on my pillow.
Dude your hunting partner is farting on your pillow. Your spouse also might be farting on your pillow as well.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I understand why these threads turn into what they do. Pretty hard to know what a person should believe.
It's pretty easy to deduce what is coming out of many of the sources. When sources preach "follow the science" but then ignore the science and all logic and reason, it's pretty easy to scratch that source off the list. When sources of so-called expertise make idiotic statements and contradict themselves over and over and over......it's pretty easy to scratch them off the list. When a source preaches that something is perfectly safe, but has only been tested for a short period of time, it's pretty "safe" to scratch that source off the list. And so on, and so on.

And then if people are still in doubt......I've always found it best to "follow your gut". Gut feeling........sixth sense.......whatever you want to call it.......mine has NEVER steered me wrong. The reasons for mine may not immediately be obvious, but have always been proven true and correct at some point down the line. So when my sixth sense speaks, I always listen to it and act accordingly.

Laramie

WKR
It's pretty easy to deduce what is coming out of many of the sources. When sources preach "follow the science" but then ignore the science and all logic and reason, it's pretty easy to scratch that source off the list. When sources of so-called expertise make idiotic statements and contradict themselves over and over and over......it's pretty easy to scratch them off the list. And so on, and so on. And then if people are still in doubt......I've always found it best to "follow your gut". Gut feeling........sixth sense.......whatever you want to call it.......mine has NEVER steered me wrong. The reasons for mine may not immediately be obvious, but have always been proven true and correct at some point down the line. So when my sixth sense speaks, I always listen to it and act accordingly.
I don't disagree at all. However, there is a lot more information out there not coming from mainstream media and political sources that is contradicting, confusing, and likely misleading. There is still a lot we don't know and I really have no idea who to trust other than my family and god. Maybe one day all truths will be told but I'm thinking it probably won't happen in our generation.

In the mean time I think it is good for common people to lean on each other. Honestly the best thing I did for myself while I had Covid was talk to other people on here, and other forums, who had been through it.

Can you read an article in the lancet or any cited article in some news story and find the bias, or say with certainty that the sample was done properly, the data compiled an analyzed correctly, previous studies cited interpreted correctly? I know I cannot, not with medical literature at least. And not every doctor is a good doctor, or a bad doctor.

I know someone personally who has been working on mRNA technology for 10 years with treating cancer patients. The mRNA is not new. Putting in vaccine form to treat a viral disease is new, but mRNA was been used in modified DNA and reinjected back into cancer patients. On all this ‘research’ we are finding she pointed out a paper will be published but that is for the scientific community to pick it apart. Then more research follows it and we get better.

Yes, politics are very stupid involved with stuff, but its the same reaction that your having when you read or hear something (you tell me this or that paper says that then we must do this!) goes for good and bad decisions. Masks, mandates, closures. Many of us are gonna be wrong and many are going to be right 10 years from now.

Most scientists I follow and medical professionals Ive talked to disagree with the mandates. That is clearly the work of a lunatic controlling old man.

But these same scientists and medical professionals don’t understand why a vaccine that is very effectice at preventing hospitalization and death, vs not being vaccinated, is being rejected by so many even before mandates.

Majority of doctors say they are safe and effective. There have been ‘front line doctors’ and others who stray from the pack promoting all sorts of things. but few have ever been right in the end. The mediterrain, for example, diet is the only diet majority of dieticians and doctors agree is beneficial, yet you'll find “doctors” promoting vegan and carnivore and keto and adkins etc.

The world is filled with this kind of stuff. I agree everyone should have a choice and not a mandate. But why the hell are we arguing on a hunting internet blog is what Im getting to when arguably none of us on here know enough to actually argue a point on what is right in regards to medical treatment (myself included).

I hope you get better OP and sucks you picked it up. Find support in knowing your vaccine is likely keeping you out of the hospital, and the other treatments are getting better like the mono cell treatment and even a pill is coming. Hang in there and good luck!

sveltri

WKR
I just don't get the ivermectin hate?? I started feeling achy at work on a Thursday, tested positive that evening. Began my ivermectin prescription that evening, yes the human version, and never felt as bad as I did for the next week as I did before starting it. The day I did get sick was still pretty mild just body ache and fatigue. Maybe I just got lucky and didn't have the sinus congestion, fever, chills, lung tightness, etc. What should I believe? Did the ivermectin help me or not? I believe it did.

hflier

WKR
Classified Approved
I just don't get the ivermectin hate?? I started feeling achy at work on a Thursday, tested positive that evening. Began my ivermectin prescription that evening, yes the human version, and never felt as bad as I did for the next week as I did before starting it. The day I did get sick was still pretty mild just body ache and fatigue. Maybe I just got lucky and didn't have the sinus congestion, fever, chills, lung tightness, etc. What should I believe? Did the ivermectin help me or not? I believe it did.

I believe Merc is repackaging Ivermectin as their new pill for Covid because Ivermectin was dirt cheap. The press was to stop people from adopting the cheap treatment so they could push a more expensive option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Actual_Cryptid

Lil-Rokslider
I believe Merc is repackaging Ivermectin as their new pill for Covid because Ivermectin was dirt cheap. The press was to stop people from adopting the cheap treatment so they could push a more expensive option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
They are not. The Merck drug is Molnupiravir, previously sold as Lagevrio (brand name). It's an antiviral drug that was developed in 2014. Ivermectin is an anti-parasitic, not an anti-viral. \the research to use Molnupavir as a SARS-CoV2 treatment began in March of 2020, before any of the ivermectin nonsense kicked off, and it's just now getting through clinical trials, I believe a reformulation was required.

But this was all stuff that could have easily been researched before posting. I don't think you invented this stuff out of whole cloth though, someone else told you that it's repackaged ivermectin. So who told you that, and why did they lie about it?

Actual_Cryptid

Lil-Rokslider
For parasites. Not viruses. It is an anti-parasitic, not an anti-viral.

People have also been treated with aspirin for centuries but that doesn't make it a COVID cure or preventative either.