I gots the Covid.

otolith

FNG
I have a close friend who has covid. He's currently in the icu, on oxygen, fighting for his life. For the last 20 years he would hunt deer every year in Illinois. This will be the first year he wont be there. Right now hunting is the last thing on his mind. I talked to him the other day and all he wants to do is hug his wife and go home. It's tough to hear him speak through the oxygen mask. He's so weak and raspy. They haven't put him on a ventilator yet and I'm hoping they'll never have to. He was NOT vaccinated. This stuff is real.

otolith

FNG
I guess I'm a drama queen. I'll tell my friend joe to get off his lazy a*s because he's obviously faking it. He's such a drama queen as well.

Moserkr

WKR
@otolith I sincerely hope your friend pulls through. My cousin was on a ventilator for over a month and survived - average health american middle aged male. Surprised the doctor that he pulled through. Not sure of long term repercussions still.

Doesnt change my position at all. Yes, theres a real virus. But its not going anywhere. Everything that has been done to “stop” it has not changed a thing. No amount of giving up individual liberties or freedoms will stop it. Neither will a vaccine, its 8th booster, and 6th rendition, no matter how much the news/gov tells you it will. Obvious tell? - new variant (surprise) brought to CA by a vax’d person.

If any of this BS actually worked….
We wouldnt need another rendition of the vaccine/booster.
No more masks.
14 days, months, years?? To flatten what curve?
Death rate ignored.
Vax or lose jobs - natural immunity?? Healthcare workers quitting in droves, causing artificial shortages and overworked conditions.
Politicians tying doctors hands for treatments.
Endless lockdowns, illegal mandates, and Constitutional violations
We could go on and on, or just get back to hunting stuff as God intended.
With that, I leave with a meme.
D0D7B59D-6914-48F1-B5E1-81DCB697B342.png
This aggression will not stand.

BRGT2

FNG
We are all going to have some variant of it in the years to come I expect.

rodney482

WKR
We have 1 officer on our dept thats fully vaxxed.. he is off work right now w Covid

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Well thought out rebuttal. So, they just made stuff up?
"They"......as in all kinds of folks, have been making stuff up since this whole thing started. And they continue to make it up as they go. Just follow the logic.......or the lack thereof and most folks should be able to discern.........ahhh.......scratch that. In reality, very few folks will be able to discern what's truth and what's not. So the bottom line in all this is and always will be.......stop trampling on our freedoms. Allow people to make their own choices, and the nation will be better off for that.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
My personal belief is that people who spread misinformation should be called out for doing so in the hope of preventing that sort of garbage from being repeated.
Fauci and the media have been called out so many times on all their misinformation that I would expect by now that most folks should at the very least question anything and everything that they put out. And along with that.......pretty much any and all information that comes out from any source. People owe it to themselves to stop trusting idiots and trust their gut at this point. But if their BS alarms haven't been going off through all this from the start, then genetically they were doomed to failure anyway.

4rcgoat

WKR
Speaking of spreading misinformation, i vividly remember our useless President telling a reporter earlier this year," if you get vaccinated you CANT get covid".... so much for that theory. How about holding him accountable for that comment?

KurtR

WKR
All this as more people die from heart disease and being lazy and fat. If the govt cared one bit about health Coca Cola and McDonald’s would have been banned long ago. Is it time for a bmi or calorie mandate? It’s money and who can make the most that’s never changed from the start of this whole thing.

Fatcamp

WKR
This thread is hilarious and sad at the same time. I didn’t know so many commie liberals were on rokslide first of all, and also who knew that everyone on here is an expert on Covid. Crazy.

I don’t know much about viruses, and I haven’t had Covid that I know of. I don’t know anyone that has been hospitalized for it either, and I avoid anyone who has the vaccine. I don’t wear a mask ever because I live in north Idaho where only weirdos wear them. Honestly don’t know what all the fuss is about, but you guys are a bunch of drama queens.

LOL. I'm an RN who has cared for covid patients since the beginning. It all BS until someone you care for is changed forever because of it.

Current patient who did the Ivermectin, Dex, supplement route once infected. 7 weeks down the road and he will never be the same. Wife told me yesterday he was in perfect health before this happened. Unvaccinated.

conley417

Lil-Rokslider
This thread is hilarious and sad at the same time. I didn’t know so many commie liberals were on rokslide first of all, and also who knew that everyone on here is an expert on Covid. Crazy.

I don’t know much about viruses, and I haven’t had Covid that I know of. I don’t know anyone that has been hospitalized for it either, and I avoid anyone who has the vaccine. I don’t wear a mask ever because I live in north Idaho where only weirdos wear them. Honestly don’t know what all the fuss is about, but you guys are a bunch of drama queens.

Avoiding someone because they got the vaccine is a weirdo move. Same with avoiding someone who didn't get the vaccine.

I generally try to avoid both people who got the vaccine and people who didn't get the vaccine

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
I agree with most everything you have posted, so please do not take my comments below as anything other than quibbling with the portions I've left in the quote.
[snip] And just to make sure all this is done right, it should probably be done many times over by independent groups of people, from different organizations, with no financial conflicts of interest in the results.
I agree that there have been several studies of the vaccines, but I think they are not completely free from being repeated and/or improved - such as by including older participants matching the population, and being sponsored and run other than by pharma. I'm not saying either point is definitive that the studies are not valuable.
The problem with not trusting "the government, media, or pharmaceutical companies" is that you don't understand who you should trust and you end up going with some anonymous creator of Facebook memes
Agreed
or the former host of Fear Factor and his favorite failed biology teacher.
Rogan isn't a scientist, but he's also not a complete idiot. I suggest listening to his podcast with Dr. Gupta (who is also just one person). [Note - I am not a fanboy. He says some stuff that I vehemently disagree with.] It was interesting to hear the extent to which they agreed on points, and when they disagreed, they did so with points and counter-points with citations to studies. I am not saying either is correct, but listening to some non-gov't sources isn't necessarily bad. I personally think it is consistent with being skeptical.
You don't have to trust any one government when practically every government on Earth (except a few third-world despots) agrees.
I don't disagree with most of the consensus, but the fact that it is held by governments doesn't personally sway me. And if there is a consensus among governments, I personally think it is often driven by the US, and to a lesser extent, the UK. Our government in the US (regardless of administration) is not infallible, and there are plenty of historic examples of scientific consensus that were proven wrong (like 6 weeks of bed rest following an MI). Again, it doesn't mean this consensus is wrong, but people who question the consensus - with valid evidence - should be encouraged to do so.
You don't have to trust any one media outlet when every credible media outlet is getting the main points right.
I don't want to start a MSM vs. Fox debate - I don't put much faith in any of them. And not because of some conspiracy, but for a simpler reason. Every media company is merely a compilation of people, with a motive to make a profit as a commercial entity. And I do not believe that many, or in some cases any, of the people who work at those companies are well-versed enough in the scientific method, or have the time, or support from management, to question much of anything. When pretty much every media outlet confuses correlation and causation ("red wine prevents heart attacks!"), then their statements on anything complicated, to me, are just examples of them repeating what someone else has said. That doesn't mean what they say is wrong, it just means that the fact they are saying something isn't itself evidence that the statements are correct.
You don't have to trust any one pharmaceutical company when three different companies have vaccines approved in the US and they've all been vetted by researchers outside those companies. The mainstream consensus is supported by countless scientific papers from outside the sources you said you distrust.
Yes. But any consensus should be challenged by the scientific method and scientists.
However much you distrust the government, you should put far less trust in the amateurs saying, "Hey, you don't trust the government? Me neither! Trust me instead! And buy these supplements I'm selling, and support my sponsors, and donate to my Patreon!"
Agreed.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Current patient who did the Ivermectin, Dex, supplement route once infected. 7 weeks down the road and he will never be the same. Wife told me yesterday he was in perfect health before this happened. Unvaccinated.
But it's a 99.997% survival rate dude!

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member

What exactly do you mean by “ and I avoid anyone who has the vaccine.”?

KurtR

WKR
LOL. I'm an RN who has cared for covid patients since the beginning. It all BS until someone you care for is changed forever because of it.

Couldn’t that be said about any illness or ailment that has happened to any one?

jmez

WKR
But it's a 99.997% survival rate dude!
Not sure the exact rate but it is very high. Games with numbers.

On a percentage basis for fatality and severe outcomes it is quite low. It is a novel virus in a naïve population. That gives low percentages with high raw numbers. That gives a jaded view, to both sides, of the problem.

Health care workers get to see every fatality and every severe outcome. They don't see any of the scores of people that have little more than a cold.

Non health care workers don't see the people that die or the severe outcomes. They see and interact with the people that have little more than a cold.

It is like the "hunter number" argument. Numbers are way down across the board but way up in the west.