I guess we need a 2022 fitness goal thread!

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Figured we better get a new 2022 thread going :)

I'm going to keep tracking my trail miles; goal this year is 2022 miles. I'm not going to track elevation gained as it's a pain and now that I know from last year, it's going to be in the 400k range, no real need to.

I have several 100-ish mile trips in the works and have found those long trips really boost the mileage along. I'm fully retired now too, so there's that as well :D

Going to try and bump my deadlift/squat/bench/overhead press up 20% by year's end too.

What say you?

Geewhiz

WKR
Beginning of september of 2021 I was down to 180.

Somewhere around 197ish now. Hoping to hit 215 by march. I like eating in the winter time.

If I can fatten up to 215 by march that will give me a good goal to get back to 180 by sept 1st again. haha

My goal is get hard again. Lol my government desk job has made me softer in the middle than I like. Going to try and get down from 215 to about 207. More cardio and better diet are my main goals. I’m as strong as I’ll ever be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P Carter

WKR
Thanks Mtwarden! Been thinking about this one. Here we go:

1,300 miles on foot (running/hiking)
110,000 feet elevation gain
Average 50 push-ups & 10 pull-ups a day
6-month streak (Jan 1 until July 1) of at least 1 mile on foot, at least 50 push-ups, and at least 10 pull-ups a day.

I also need to do a dedicated block of muscular endurance pack carries before my big hunt this year. I didn’t do that last year and could really tell. Carry on!

Clarktar

WKR
I'd be happy with 800 miles on the year. Also want to keep strength going up and weight down. I moved from 220 down to 204 in 2021 while improving strength in Deadlift, squat, OHP. I just want to keep maintaining the trajectory.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

zacattack

WKR
Get back on the wagon. Between kids and work I pretty much quit exercising, put on about 25 lbs, and mostly feel like shit. The last 6 months of 2021 were pretty rough for me.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Continue to get stronger and maintain good cardio. This past year I was tossing moose quarters around like they were nothing after spending a lot of time working on my strength. I want to do more of that.

I also want to improve my max reps for the kipping pullup.

Last edited:
In 2021 I went from not working out at all to getting hooked on triathlon. I dropped 40 pounds and was in the best shape of my life when in August I hit a hawk while on a bicycle ride. I crashed hard and screwed up my knee, destroyed my thumb, broke my collar bone and tore my AC joint.

I had surgery on my hand, shoulder and collar bone and am rehabbing the shoulder now. Since swimming is out I've been hitting running hard and also biking on my indoor trainer (have some bike PTSD to get over).

I'm signed up for Iromman 70.3 Chattanooga in May. Have another Ironman 70.3 in October. Sprint tri in August. I'll probably pick up an Olympic distance in June or July.

I want to see what I can get out of my body as far as endurance. Ring it out like a sponge!

In 2021 I went from not working out at all to getting hooked on triathlon. I dropped 40 pounds and was in the best shape of my life when in August I hit a hawk while on a bicycle ride. I crashed hard and screwed up my knee, destroyed my thumb, broke my collar bone and tore my AC joint.

I had surgery on my hand, shoulder and collar bone and am rehabbing the shoulder now. Since swimming is out I've been hitting running hard and also biking on my indoor trainer (have some bike PTSD to get over).

I'm signed up for Iromman 70.3 Chattanooga in May. Have another Ironman 70.3 in October. Sprint tri in August. I'll probably pick up an Olympic distance in June or July.

I want to see what I can get out of my body as far as endurance. Ring it out like a sponge!
Now that is wild. Hit a freaking hawk. Good luck on the recovery.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
We do a training hike every Sunday with all the first timers. It is an awesome experience, come on down!

I don’t live anywhere near there anymore. Back in the day I used to do it as sort of a challenge. Like I said, for several years now, I’ve thought it would be cool to actually train specifically for it then do it. I never did any actually specific prep for it, just ran and lifted weights like I normally would.